First Senior Portraits.... cc welcome

Wow, what a tough shoot for both of you. Congrats on pushing through and getting something workable to please her grandfather. I'm in agreement that the best of the bunch is number 4 - she even has a slight smile! Even though she doesn't realize it now, I would guess that years from now she'll be happy to have that photo and not just a cell phone pic.

I hadn't actually noticed or thought about your watermark/ logo that doziergraphic mentioned, but I can see his point. If you don't want to lose the entire identity, but are open to simplifying it, you could always lose the twig and chain leaving just the sign portion. If the bird a keeper for you, it could then be incorporated into the sign. This would give you cleaner look while still maintaining the original feel.

In a case like this i would find out what her hobbies are, possible with her grandfather live in the country it could be horses if so get her out with the horse where she is happy, maybe grooming the horse while you creep round getting candids of her interacting with the horse, sat on the horse, giving it a kiss, it could be shopping i don't see why these Seniors have to be possed maybe wrong we don't have them over here

curious how many of these sessions like this you've done?

Also, (maybe already suggested) but the first and second might have benefited from having her head tilt forward instead of back against the fence. She looks like she's uncomfortable with that position and what to do with her chest/belly, maybe making her feel 'exposed' - as compared to the last one where she is obviously much more comfortable and casual.

Oh man, I can't get over how EXACT the first two are lol.

Very reluctant subject, and it shows in your shots. #4 is the strongest of the bunch, it looks more natural than the others, including her smirk. #5 feels SO far away, not liking that one at all.

I know I'm coming in a little late, but I've learned that teenage girls (not boys) do SOOO much better with a friend around. They relax, get a little giggley, etc. The friend also comes in handy for hair and make-up touch ups. Boys like a secluded place where nobody can see what's going on ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back