First shadows of spring

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spring is overdue. Since it only springs slowly... erm, well, I bought myself a bunch of tulips for the vase.

Never can my photos be as good as terri's, but I played around a little with light and shadow:

89536961.jpg

After I've just seen "Photobug's" studies on tulips, I thought I might collect this one up from the vaults into which it had fallen within a day without replies, maybe still getting one or the other comment (???).

In short: bump.

Hey! That's neat with the shadows. It's just different enough to really make you look twice. I love that color too, mine won't be that deep blood red like these. [pout] :lol:

Thanks, Jim.

I like the colour, too. Only does it fade fast in cut flowers, of course.
And I thought I'd try the "without-flash" approach, since flash light on flowers makes them look unnatural. So this is the light of one of my ceiling lights (spot lights, one directed at the plants), the white balance set to tungsten (works neat, I say) and me taking this handheld at... ooops, I never note my settings...

I like how you've composed this. My eye was immediately drawn to the shadow before I noticed the gorgeous colours of the flowers. Lovely.

Most reactions

Back