First Sharp Shinned Hawk

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I finally got a chance to take some pics of this Sharp Shinned Hawk. It was quite challenging to get a decent pic and I was more than 50ft away so these are fairly heavy crops. I spotted him in 3 different places but couldn't get any closer. Not the best pics I've taken but a a nice opportunity to witness a beautiful creature. Made me want to have a 500mm or 600mm lens :)

sshin1.jpg

sshin2.jpg

sshin3.jpg

Thanx Eric, he was at Halls Rd. as well...I saw the turkeys today too...about 9 of them. The Hawk was perched near the feeder waiting for smaller birds...he made one attempt then took off. I then spotted him on the other south entrance. I've seen him a few times but this was the first time I got a decent shot.

Beautiful Bird and equally Beautiful captures.The detail is amazing.I have been hunting some Hawks around here and they are quite elusive,so congrats on a job well done.:thumbup:

He spotted you and in the last is thinking up measures of how to take revenge, I think ;).
For I deduce from your description of how you stalked him that you did NOT walk up close to get that release form signed beforehand, although his right foot was already willing to grab that ballpoint pen of yours! (see Photo 1).

Just joking.
Wonderful photos of a bird that I have never seen before.

He spotted you and in the last is thinking up measures of how to take revenge, I think ;).
For I deduce from your description of how you stalked him that you did NOT walk up close to get that release form signed beforehand, although his right foot was already willing to grab that ballpoint pen of yours! (see Photo 1).

Just joking.
Wonderful photos of a bird that I have never seen before.

ha...ha....I think the third time I saw him he was already sick of me stalking him :)

Thanx for the feedback everyone, hopefully I'll get another chance.

Most reactions

Back