First Shoot tomorrow, need CC

KDPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I have my first shoot tomorrow. I will be shooting a 9 day old baby. I am not charging these people as I dont feel I am ready for that. I am looking more for technical advice on the following photos, but any advice is fine! I set my equipment up the other night and snapped a few of my son for a little practice and to practice more on my lighting. Any CC or advice for the shoot would be greatly appreciated!! Oh, and I know many of you hate selective coloring, but one of the following photos has it!

190486_1653896786276_1202730006_2304938_827176_n.jpg

183675_1653842224912_1202730006_2304908_2315290_n.jpg

The second photo :) :) really nice
Always charge..maybe just a coffee and a sandwich, but get something.

One specific question I have is for some reason the lower part of the images I took that night were very dark. In the second photo you can see as it is more noticiable. That is even with some edititing. I kepy playing with my lights, but nothing seemed to help. Any idea on how to fix the problem or whats causing it?

No, I have two off camera strobe lights.

It's hard to tell from the catchlights, but is your key light positioned in such a way that you're blocking some of the light? That is is high, aimed down? Is there something else in the way?

If you get a black band like that, it usually means that your shutter is faster than your max flash sync speed
Most cameras are 1/200 - 1/250 max sync speed. If you shoot 1/500, you'll get a black band...its actually your shutter curtain

I've gotten that before. My flashes won't fire if I'm over my sync speed. It turns out that my images were just slightly, about half a stop to a stop under exposed. I adjusted it and after that it was fine. It also looks like you have slight motion blur, I can't see your exif data to see what your shutter speed is though.

Love the second one.....what a precious and adorable baby! =D

Any advice or tips for newborn photography??

Most reactions

Back