First Shoot with my D90

D90 Noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a brand new D90 and was my second time shooting the camera.
So let the C & C pour in :lol:
Shot with a 18-105 VR lens

3803118976_8f84495250.jpg

3802306429_2cb5d379e9.jpg

3802305667_27c40d5c93.jpg

3803119578_2597f44b6a.jpg

i don't know too much about photography just yet, but if i had to say something, i would tell you that i think your first picture is the best of the bunch, in the second pic, it's hard to find the focal point, the third is overexposed, and the fourth looks like it could have been taken with either a D90 or any other camera. i really do like the cabriolet though and i hope you don't take offense to what i wrote...if it's any consolation all my pics are considered test shots by others...lol enjoy your camera and post more pics

Looks like a very nice car and Welcome to the Forum! The pictures look pretty good for a self proclaimed Newbie so keep working and reading here and I am sure you will learn alot!!!

Once again Welcome and KEEP SHOOTING!

your horizon is off in 1-3 (the photos are slanted slightly) I think the key with car shots, is getting low to the ground.. these ones don't seem all that interesting to me.. I mean, they are ok.. but they could be better

the tilting of the pics definitely distracts me from the car.

I love the first one: it's got nice, soft lighting, the car is nicely placed, and there's a plain background. Ach, I envy you. All the car parks near me have UGLY lighting.

Apart from that, however, there's not much to say about the rest. They're a little overexposed and the background looks a little cluttered. Sorry to say it, but I still really like the first.

Do you mean the thread title, or the pics aren't named?

Does everyone name there pics on their Flickr Acct?

I agree that the first one is my favorouite, I'm way to green to even tell what is over exposed and what isn't. And please keep the comments comeing thats the only way I'll get better. :thumbup:

Do you mean the thread title, or the pics aren't named?

Does everyone name there pics on their Flickr Acct?

I agree that the first one is my favorouite, I'm way to green to even tell what is over exposed and what isn't. And please keep the comments comeing thats the only way I'll get better. :thumbup:

O you meant to say the tilting. I realized that after the shoot. I bought a tripod and with the camera it's all new to me. I was playing around with all the height and other adjustments and forgot to even make sure the camera was level. I did notice that my tripod has a level for the feet, and a level for the camera to move up and down, but nothing to make sure its level from left to right. Should I just pack a level with me on my next shoot?

You can straighten the images when you're editing them in your photo editor.

TILting.. not titling.. the tilting ruins the pictures..

im pretty sure i said tiLTing not titling. anyway. d90 has grid in live view mode. handy when leveling with horizon and whatnot

im pretty sure i said tiLTing not titling. anyway. d90 has grid in live view mode. handy when leveling with horizon and whatnot

Great, will look into that thanks

It has a grid in the viewfinder as well, you just need to turn it on. I leave mine on all the time.

I have often wondered why a picture with a slightly tilted landscape is that big of a deal. It takes all of 5 seconds to correct in photoshop.

add guide line
ctrl+a
ctrl=t
(show grid)
level and done. WALA

Most reactions

Back