first shoot with new lens

tkme4ard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I normally only take pictures of my own kids. Tonight I took pics for friends expecting their first baby. I would love C&C.

bw.jpg

Mandp3.jpg

mandp.jpg

it bothers me that both their feet are not in the picture but I had tilted this one so in order to fix it I lost their feet, not that both were in the original to begin with.

Let me tell you tonight was a comedy of errors. I took a bunch of pictures and THEN realized I had no card in my camera. Duh.

IMG_3530.jpg

I'm not sure about this one, the lighting is off
IMG_3539.jpg

this one too

ok that's enough. What a day.

You need to use fill flash with these, or have someone assist you and hold a fill card or reflector to your subject. Your contrast ratios are just too high in the last two.

yeah I know, I was just hoping there was some way to fix them. Okay what is fill flash? How do I know which flash to buy. I seem to have this problem a lot LOL and I won't have an assistant to hold anything for me.

What new lens did you use out of curiosity?

Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

that's what I used for the whole shoot

yeah I know, I was just hoping there was some way to fix them. Okay what is fill flash? How do I know which flash to buy. I seem to have this problem a lot LOL and I won't have an assistant to hold anything for me.
You don't need to put an ad in the paper to get an assistant, just have a freind do it, I'm sure you have freinds outside of the internet.

Fill flash is just that, you use flash, to fill in shadows. You can use the pop up flash on your rebel, it will give you the exact same results as a speedlight pointed directly at the subject.

Most reactions

Back