First shot | Tamron 150-600 | Osprey Portrait

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a long wait for this bad boy (Tamron 150-600) I finally got to take some photos.

Unfortunately a couple weeks ago the local Osprey nest was destroyed and I had a real tough time tracking down their new nest or where they are hanging around.

This was the only guy I saw and he was very inactive.

First impressions with the Tamron was how well balanced it is. While walking it stays right at my hip (I have a black rapid strap) and I can easily grab it and bring it up without too much force. Its very lightweight considering.

I think for long period of times I would use a monopod, but its not that bad.

The only thing I had troubles with was the focus ring. I like messing with the focus ring during my shots, and ALL my Nikon lens, the focus ring is the first ring or the one furthest from the camera body. Well the Tamron focus ring in the first ring closest to the body. So it was backwards to me and was very weird at first. I know, first world problems haha

Anywho, I hope I can track down some more BIF before the migration starts.

Thanks for viewing.

Here is a preview

Straight out of camera, only slight crop, not much though.
14965588577_4dbee1a409_c.jpg

Full size here

Shot two
15129182776_afeb4cc141_c.jpg

Full size here

Last edited:
That is super sharp!!!
Now I want one! :)

Congrats on finally getting it and getting to shoot with it. When I got my 150-500 the other day all the birds in my neighborhood disappeared, so I feel your pain

There's birds in my neighborhood tempting me.
just this morning a young hawk (big thing) swooped just over my car as I was driving and snatched some small furball off the road and flew up to a light. And I mean it just swooped just above my car .. awesome thing. I'm going to need a dash cam too.

Love the photos. :thumbup:

lens looks really sharp. I've been thinking about renting one for a few days before I pull the trigger on buying it

Nice first results Sean. It seems that many are getting good results with that lens. I have a Sigma 150-500 and it's working very well but unlike my Nikon lenses the zoom ring works in the opposite direction, now that took a while to get used to. Which way does the Bigron zoom?

Nice first results Sean. It seems that many are getting good results with that lens. I have a Sigma 150-500 and it's working very well but unlike my Nikon lenses the zoom ring works in the opposite direction, now that took a while to get used to. Which way does the Bigron zoom?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a hard time with this

Congrats! Now you know what I was talking about.. Too bad its not a 600 F4 huh? :)

Congrats! Now you know what I was talking about.. Too bad its not a 600 F4 huh? :)

Haha exactly! I'm very surprised at how much zoom this has. It just keeps going and going lol

Too bad it's so late into the season, but I'll just need to find other wildlife. Maybe I'll finally get my deer shots from two miles away :) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back