First shots from my first wedding

Thanks!

Just couple more q... what ISO were you on? And were you on Av or M?

Shot the portrait stuff on ISO100, and the actual ceremony shots on ISO200. Most of the time I was on low-light portrait setting. That was a mistake though...they looked great on the little LCD, but showed WAY too much yellow from those low-K spotlights. Had it to do over again, I'd boost the flash by +2/3 or +1 stop instead of +1/3 and just shoot in the regular portrait mode or Av.

Thanks John.

I have an Engagement coming up next month and I plan to make it the usual practice session. I doubt if the place would have a source for natural light like the one I did past weekend.

Tips and pointers like these are always helpful.

Thanks again!

Anytime! :)

I tell ya, that softbox is a lifesaver. Makes using the flash on-camera a real option. Takes away almost all the glaring hot-spots on faces, evens out the flash, makes for less and more diffuse shadows, etc. Just have to remember to 'overclock' the flash a bit to compensate for the lost light.

The speedlight (ex580) is a freakin USD480!!!

Really nice shots.

I've been working with a local wedding photographer for a while now. He always uses a second flash set up with a radio slave which really helps with the poor lighting at weddings, of course he has me to set up and work with that light. It really opens up the backgrounds and adds depth to the photos. But those shots look great even without that kind of set up.

I have my first wedding coming up in about a week, I hope my shots come out as good as yours do!

Nice pictures. I dont suppose it was in a Pentecostal Church? Or maybe a Free Methodist?

When im using my boss's Fuji Pro 2 dslr I usually use iso800 indoors, I try to stay away from slow shutter speeds to prevent blur. I think a bit of noise which can be cleaned up is better than blur that cant be fixed. And the camera doesnt seem to have much noise even at 800. I checked out the noise on the Canon 300d and 10d and the 300d seemed to be a problem around 1600, but the 10d didnt seem to be to bad at 1600, but it was bad at 3200. I thought they had the same sensor in both so that doestn make sense why the 10d would seem better but according to the online comparison, it was.

In the first pic, to bad the men didnt have a red hankee or something in thier tux/suit pocket, would have looked nice since the women were wearing red.

Most reactions

Back