FIrst shots from my Olmypus OM 1, photo scans not negatives.

wdh1974

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sadly i dont have my v600 yes :( lol

But these are only 600dpi scans from a photo, and the files are only around 1 meg....lol i know.

Regardless, these photos i trusted the light meter 100% and i think its working fine, cant wait to sacn with a epson v600

The shot of my dog, i like how that zukio 1.8 blew out the background. And you can see some scan lines on my wifes jacket, and parts of the photo where the touched it fresh out the printer i guess.

Flickr: holdendaniel22's Photostream

hope that link works.

Regardless, these photos i trusted the light meter 100% and i think its working fine,

The shot of my dog, i like how that zukio 1.8 blew out the background.
Light meter seems to be OK, however don't blame your glass for blowing out the BG. Lens has nothing to do with it. Built in, reflected light, averaging light meters might be often fooled by BG light lowering the exposure. The dog seems to be underexposed. In such a situation you have to "dial in" a correction to compensate. The best practical way to do it is take the measurement very close to the subject avoiding the bright BG or just measure light by pointing the camera to the ground. Sure BG will be even more blown out, but the main subject will get the right exposure.

Thx for the tips man, just proves you need to know your stuff before you press that button lol.

Anyone else feel free to be brutal and honest, cuz when i click its costing me cash.

Nice. I do that too, aim the camera somewhat downward so the meter isn't measuring the light in the background but reads the light that's in front of me; then I reframe the shot. I may bracket and take maybe three shots varying the aperture or shutter speed a stop each way to make sure I got a decent exposure. And yeah if it's bright and sunny you probably wouldn't want the lens wide open.

I've scanned prints and read somewhere, don't remember where or if this is true, that a scan of a 4x6" photo can work well. I've found it depends on the photo and a nice sharp image scans best. I've scanned B&W darkroom prints too and then printed digitally and they look comparable to the originals in sharpness etc., but of course there's a big difference in paper and gloss.

edit - I learned over time to make my eye move around the entire viewfinder and make sure things are the way I want and in focus before I release the shutter button, and I try to make sure my meter readings are accurate.

Great info about the light meter, i just threw in some 400 iso, gonna try that meter trick.

Most reactions

Back