First shots with an 8mo kid - C&C Please!

ucddyan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone. I guess my chance to shoot my friend's baby came a lot quicker than I thought, because we headed out yesterday with my makeshift lighting setup (tripled up on the trashbags) and headed outside. Nikon D200, 18-200 VR 3.5-5.6, SB-600. Cloudy day, had the SB-600 camera right, about a foot above the baby's head, angled at about 45 degrees from where I was taking the photos. Four of my favorites for C&C please as this was my first time taking pictures of people and using a lighting setup!

1. F/4.5, Iso 200, 1/125
Web%204.jpg

2. F/4, Iso 200, 1/125
Web%203.jpg

3. F/5, Iso 200, 1/125
Web%202.jpg

4. F/4.8, Iso 200, 1/125
Web%201.jpg

Thanks you in advance for your comments / advice!

Last edited:
Are they that bad, or just boring subject matter? I'd really like to know if I'm on the right track here!

I don't think they are bad at all.... And of course they aren't boring subject matter, it's someone's kid:)

1 and 2 are my favorite. Nice composition. I think 3 is too tightly cropped and could use some space to the right to give it some room to where she is looking. 4 is a little weird to me. Is she kissing the babies ear?

I'll try #3 a bit later with a wider crop as you suggested. Yes, she's kissing the baby's ear in #4 - she didn't want to be in any photos but I got her when she wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the comments on composition - that's what I'm trying to work on the most.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back