Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Enjoy!
IMG_0147Edit.jpg
IMG_0073Edit.jpg
IMG_0059Edit.jpg
IMG_0169Edit.jpg
IMG_0194Edit.jpg

Kind of nice to have such a good, long, tele- zoom.

Slap the converter on and boost the ISO a stop or two.

You'll likely only get the center focus point with the TC on it but that is, other than dual pixel auto focus in live view, the sharpest way to autofocus anyway.

I think you'll find the IS is superb.

Slap the converter on and boost the ISO a stop or two.
I think I need to micro adjust it. I have a target but the distance I need to be at is what the issue is. Can I do it in the house instead of v25x focal length?

You'll likely only get the center focus point with the TC on it but that is, other than dual pixel auto focus in live view, the sharpest way to autofocus anyway.

I think you'll find the IS is superb.
I was able to get the 9 point focus zone and single. Those two are all I use

To micro adjust focus, my method which I'm sure is wrong is to get everything on the same plane. I then fill the center focus point with the QR code looking block with my grid lines on the 0 line on the target and shoot. Adjust in MA menu, refocus, refocus and shoot. I then move back a ways and shoot from distance seeing if it's all still good. When close and far on same focal length are good I call it complete.

Nice set and I have to say, your pics look strikingly like mine did before I micro adjusted it. My camera was back focusing by four inches according to the test I did on my back porch (good light). I then set all my lenses to the same setting and everything appears to be Ok now, or at least a lot better, maybe not 100% perfect but I can live with it.

I'm fairly certain I dialed it in. I was able to focus on a seed on the porch and it was perfect.

I would calibrate it at about 25 meters, unless you plan to shoot it close (15-50 feet) a lot.

My suggestion to boost the ISO up by a stop or two was to offset the one stop light loss from the 1.4 X telephoto converter.

I was able to get the 9 point focus zone and single. Those two are all I us

Good to info. I know newer cameras can focus with less and less light. 80D?
Yes, 80D. I switch between the 9 point and 1 point when shooting birds, I use the AF point button by the shutter button. I eliminated the others so when I need tti switch quick I don't have to cycle through them. So I was surprised when I was able to use them.

Most reactions

Back