First shots with my Rebel XT

JBLoudG20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jayt.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up my Rebel XT this weekend, and these are my first shots.

I have never done any artistic photography before, and I have never taken any classes, or read any books, so please be easy. I'm trying to learn about this through experience. ;)

Pic1:
IMG%5D
_MG_1549.jpg

Pic2:
IMG%5D
IMG_1566.jpg

Pic3:
houselight-10-22-06.jpg

houselight-10-22-06.jpg

Now the three pics are here.
You sure show an eye for interesting POVs (points of view), and you work nicely with aperture.
And apparently you like abstracts, too, as shows the third pic here. Actually, I like that one best of the three.

Oh, by the way: CONGRATULATIONS on the new camera!! :D

JBLoudG20 said:
I have never done any artistic photography before, and I have never taken any classes, or read any books
houselight-10-22-06.jpg

Seriously? It doesn't show. For first shots, these are good, very good.

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm hoping to find some time this week to get some shots around my campus.

Cool shots. Congrats on the new camera.

JBLoudG20 said:
I have never done any artistic photography before, and I have never taken any classes, or read any books, so please be easy. I'm trying to learn about this through experience. ;)

You are certainly off to an excellent start, these are all quite good.

Wow, pretty good for no photographic/artistic background. I'd get a good photography book about composition, lighting, etc. Most people tend to ignore this suggestion, but TRUST ME. It will help you a TON! Sometimes I look back on when I first started photography over a year ago, and wish that I had bought a good book and read it thoroughly right when I got my camera. I'm positive that I would be a better photographer than I am now.

Hey Props. Great Shots, Keep em coming.

I really like the third one, the texture is really cool.

Thanks again everyone! I hope to shoot again on friday, the weathe is supposed to be nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back