First Shots

Very nice photos! You do seem to have an eye for photography.

Keep up the good work!

Corn1.jpg

I quite like this shot, the colors are very crisp and clear! Good job! Also the shot with the two birds is well taken, only needs a better crop in my opinion! Keep shooting!

Very pretty. The flower in post 4 is very nice - I love the color. I could do without the bear, though!

I love the pictures of the ducks, field/barn and the bee! Those are good!

thanx for taking the time to share them!

Very nice work and welcome to the forum.

My favorite is the hummingbird even though the subject is dead center I still think it works.

Thanks for the replies. I would imagine that the whole "rule of thirds" thing has been beaten to death on this forum, but I sometimes wonder if some have become too "legalistic" about the idea. I understand that the concept does result in a more interesting and visually pleasing image in many if not most cases, but with such images on posts #2, #3, #4, and #11, I fail to see how it would result in a better picture when the focal point fills the frame.

???

took this yesterday.................

OhioCentralBW-1.jpg

I posted these in the "Beginners Place" section but got no replies...

While I cannot really see the truth in the last remark, I merged the two threads so your photos now all show in the General Gallery, along with the replies in The Beginners' Place that they DID get, after all (!), so now you might get even more replies. Who knows?

As a matter of fact, The Beginners' Place is not designed to be a gallery but more like a Q&A-forum, whereas the galleries are what they are: galleries. See?

If mention has been made on "too centred photos", and maybe even of "the rule of thirds" (which I think I saw at a glimpse), and if you are challenging that mention of this, then let me say that unfortunately also my immediate impression of the many photos you posted here is "too centred".

All in all they are nicely focused, nice colours, nice exposure, and they do show "the eye". But particularly flower photos turn a tad boring pretty fast if all of them are in the centre of the frame.

My favourite is the humming bird.
We don't have those here, so I find them interesting.

Most reactions

Back