First SLR

Neabel13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm more of a beginner photographer and all I have now is a Sony Cybershot 6.0 megapixels and 12x optical zoom. Yes, i would like a digital camera and the pictures I would be taking vary because on my own time I like to take pictures of sporting activities and I also take pictures at family events too. But I also take a photography course in school which requires me to take pictures of tons of things. My budget isn't particularly high. Maybe $1000 plus or minus a little. So what do you think is my best bet?

Canon D20 and some nice lenses?

50mm 1.8, and whatever zoom you'd like.

i my self am a beginner and just picked up the canon XTi. i got it last weekend 10/27 and have shot about 500 pictures with it. i am still getting used to it but really liking the features on it.

i my self am a beginner and just picked up the canon XTi. i got it last weekend 10/27 and have shot about 500 pictures with it. i am still getting used to it but really liking the features on it.

Do you just use the stock lens or did you buy a new one?

I got just the body for mine. I had 2 lenses from my flim rebel that i have been using. i am thinking of picking up the one Sideburns suggested, the 50mm since everyone seems to say it is a great general purpose lense. I am also looking to get something around 28mm for some nature shots. I have a set of falls that i go to and well, can not walk back far enough to get the whole falls into the picture because there is no room to walk back without falling myself.

Most reactions

Back