First songbirds in the snow

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nice once again. That cardinal has had no trouble finding food I see. He looks....healthy. In order, I like 1, 2, then 3. I like the red in 2, it gives the picture some color. Im stating that ahead of time, in case someone later says that they think the red is distracting.

Thanks for sharing.

Lovely mockingbird, and an interesting perspective. Makes it a little different from all of the "BIRD" photos you see.... maybe just a touch dark?

I think they are all a tad dark. Partly because of the snow and the meter. The other problem I have is using an external monitor on my laptop, so i get 2 different views. I'm on the hunt for a new desktop. Should help a bit..

Really terrific shots, as usual from you! I especially like that cardinal shot. Are these shot with the 500mm?

Yup still shooting the Tamron 200 500. I figured out the fine tune. Only stopped it down to f7.1 to try to get a little more DOF because I was so close.. The lens has been great lately even wide open..

Love the mockingbird.

Beautiful as usual, although I agree that they ARE a little darker than your usual stuff.

This is the SOLE reason I wouldn't mind getting ONE snow this year, just so I could get some songbirds in the snow. Right now I could probably get some songbirds on the river bank--that is, rivers that weren't there a couple of days ago. We've had something like 5-6 inches of rain already and another 2 or 3 still on the way. Lots of local flooding.

The first two are my favorites. One tiny little nitpick on the mockingbird: those two yellow berries look like they're stuck to its tail. If it were mine, I'd probably try to clone them out.

I'm jealous that you get cardinals.

You don't?? I thought cardinals were EVERYwhere! On any given day, I'll have a minimum of six to eight of them, both male and female, in my backyard. One day, I counted thirteen different cardinals in the yard at one time.

Most reactions

Back