First Studio Attempt

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got around to setting up background last night and pulling lights out of the box. Here's my first attempt at studio shooting. Wasn't so concerned with the posing of the "model" as much as I was trying to get familiar with main and fill flash. Not too keen on how these turned out but i guess things could have been much worst for first time. Please any and all advice, critique, etc. etc.

Thanks
ROn

No. 1 -

IMG_2512.jpg

No. 2 --
IMG_2498.jpg

No. 3 --
IMG_2478.jpg

Pretty good for a first attempt, I'd say.

The first one doesn't seem as good as the other two. Her eye are too dark in that one.

I would have to agree.. I would love the first one if it had catchlights in the eyes..

And I love the pose in number 2..

All in all.. much better than my first attempts!!

Basically i was just tinkering around after having set the backgrounds up and thought, what the they, let me pull the lights out of the box. couldn't even tell you you how they were set. A $300 set of JTLs.

REalized have a lot to learn to get it just right.

and manual focusing on the Canon Dig. Reb xt is tough as well.

thanks for feedback.

Mike when are we gonna see some of your studio shots?

I've really only had my studio set up the once...and I posted those shots (of my nephew), I'm sure you have seen them. I've been too busy to do any testing as of yet...and I'm still waiting for a call from all the friend and family who said that they wanted portraits of their kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back