First Studio Shoot in Years

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a chance to do some studio shots with a local model last Friday. Here's a couple of my favorites. I'd like to get into some more studio stuff and have a found a local photog that is willing to help out, and let me use his studio.

I'd love some feed back from studio guys (and gals).

p206468449-4.jpg

p160143303-4.jpg

p211536724-4.jpg

I'm not a studio photographer, so if you want ignore this post, go right ahead.

I prefer the last one. I like the double frame of the equipment thing she's in, is making. You could have maybe taken some steps back and brought the camera down a bit to avoid cutting her feet off. What lighting are you using, the lighting is okay in this photo, I just don't like the big shine on her left forearm.

In photo #2: The hot spots on her face make her face look oily, and there's just something I don't like about it. It might come to me later, and I'll edit this post.-_- I think it's the way she's sitting.

The first one doesn't do anything for me. She's just a face with knees...it's rather weird looking.

The 2nd is better but I don't like her hand position and I think there could be a little more light on her face.

I like the back/accent lighting in the 3rd one. Her upper arm looks awkward though.

I'm not a studio photographer, so if you want ignore this post, go right ahead.

I prefer the last one. I like the double frame of the equipment thing she's in, is making. You could have maybe taken some steps back and brought the camera down a bit to avoid cutting her feet off. What lighting are you using, the lighting is okay in this photo, I just don't like the big shine on her left forearm.

In photo #2: The hot spots on her face make her face look oily, and there's just something I don't like about it. It might come to me later, and I'll edit this post.-_- I think it's the way she's sitting.

The "equipment" is/looks like a fork lift truck, in a warehouse perched on machinery doesn't cut it as studio photography in my book, shes pretty but I'm with the others regarding poses/set/location/purpose. H

I think the last is the best I don't find either of the other two very flattering (especially the second). With the third with her dark hair her head is disappearing into the background try pointing that light you have behind her up a little and turn the power down half a stop as its a little too hot.

Again personal preference but the PP is a little strong and the skin tones look a little weird.

Otherwise good shots keep it up!

Most reactions

Back