First Successful HDR

Machupicchu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This isn't my first attempt, but its the first that i like.
Tell me what you think. : )
Poinsettia
Poinsetta.jpg

Not the best HDR material. But OK. Try a landscape.

who says what type of material is good for certain shots. if everyone just decided to follow all the rules and do what is suggested or is supposedly the correct "material" for lets say, an HDR shot, art and photography would be repetitive and mundane. How many identical HDR shots have we seen of some beach or cityscape? Trying new things is how art evolves and how one creates a certain style for themselves. Do you think Picasso followed suggested material? Personally i love this shot and am quite proud of it as it is one of my first attempts , and my first successful one at that. Enjoy your landscapes though....

who says what type of material is good for certain shots. if everyone just decided to follow all the rules and do what is suggested or is supposedly the correct "material" for lets say, an HDR shot, art and photography would be repetitive and mundane. How many identical HDR shots have we seen of some beach or cityscape? Trying new things is how art evolves and how one creates a certain style for themselves. Do you think Picasso followed suggested material? Personally i love this shot and am quite proud of it as it is one of my first attempts , and my first successful one at that. Enjoy your landscapes though....

Its just that landscapes have more texture, elements and color so HDR is easier to see. That's why people usually use landscapes. That wasn't an attack on you or anything, its a good picture, its just hard to tell there's HDR effect is.

Its just that landscapes have more texture, elements and color so HDR is easier to see. That's why people usually use landscapes. That wasn't an attack on you or anything, its a good picture, its just hard to tell there's HDR effect is.

Yeah.
It's a very good picture but honestly I can't even tell it's an HDR. The color range is tiny compared to what would be visual in a landscape. I was just saying the HDR effect doesnt show much in macro and shots with a small range of color. If I didn't know it was an HDR (which I'm still confused), I'd just say you upped the contrast and texture.

Ok, understood. I think I posted this in the wrong section is all. I wasn't necessarily trying to show off the HDR as much as the picture itself. I'm thinkin I wanna get a wide angle lens before I get into landscapes. I think I'll post it in the macro section. : )

Bro you are taking this to the heart, if you post a picture here regardless you are opening yourself up for the world to critique and or applaud your work. It can go both ways but that is something you have to decide before you make a post here in the forums. People have told you that they like the picture, but speaking on by behalf now it looks to me like a regular picture and not a HDR processed image just my opinion. You just have to keep on trying and post them and see what others tell you whether they like the image or the areas that need improvement etc. This is how we all learn think before posting once you make a post it becomes public information and at the mercy of all of us. It is not intended in any way to hurt anyone’s feeling but come on now if you look up my 1st HDR I went out wild on some members but I have apologized to them because they were right and I was wrong makes a good funny moment now that I reflect at it and looked like an a**.

Overall is a nice picture,just does not look to be a HDR Image

Last edited:
Hello again. I just wanted to apologize for my rant on this post. ha, i was in the worst mood imaginable as i am up visiting in Oregon(AKA the most depressing state on the planet in winter) so far it has rained for the past 4 days and in the forecast is, what do you know, some more rain, all the while a constant 36 degrees or so. Im from California so this is quite different from where i live. :( anyway, i apologize.

Most reactions

Back