First Sunset With New Camera

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I bought the Nikon D-50 tonight and had a chance to take 4-5 shots before the battery died. I feel this is the best of the bunch.

DSC_0007.JPG

Thanks for looking...

Stunning colours, lovely sunset --- having the chance to photograph that across a stretch of water is always a big plus, I think! --- but ...

...the horizon is very, very centred.
You don't lose too much of the sky if you crop in from above to underneather the second whisp of cloud on the right, and then in from the left (leaving that plant there all untouched, of course, that one is important in this frame!) until you are back to the usual size of a print. Do you think you might want to consider doing it?

Oh, and:

Contratulations on the new camera!! :D

I might a little. The more I look at this photo the more I want to do something with it.

At first the goal was to get as much water, sunset, and those buildings in there as I could. I wanted to see what the camera could do. And it did quite well I think. The waves are nice and crisp while also giving a nice sunset. And the buildings....I like those a lot.

I might work on it tomorrow. Right now sleep is the only thing im worried about, lol.

Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate it.

colours are great! the pic looks a bit soft for me but still it's nice!

Thanks.

It looks so much cleaner and sharper at full size. I dont know what I am doing wrong but everytime I resize a photo and put it online it looks a little blurry.

I love the shot, I hope you dont mind but I cropped it and enhanced the colors a bit. Heres my interpretation.
DSC_0007.jpg

I find when I put my photos online they loose a bit of quality as well. When resizing in PS try using the bicubic sharper when reducing size and the bicubic smoother when enlarging, you may find that helps a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back