First thought was to bin this image......LR2 may turn it to a keeper

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not a skilled post processor, never really wanted to be either. However, I know that each image needs some tweaking to bring out a better photo. Just the basics is my MO. I really like LR2 because it helps me get the tedious and boring task of editing over with much quicker.

So anyway, I was going to bin this image along with several others that are flagged in this folder. I get a call from a friend about some LR2 tricks. Gave it a try.

Original:
LR2-D80-7-No-Edit-800.jpg

Edit:
LR2-D80-7-edit-800.jpg

I probably need to tone it down some more, but I might keep it after all.

What do you reckon?

I think the sky looks much better with the haze gone, but the trees look much worse.

How did you remove that haze? I have several that I need to get the haze out of. What did you do, period? The increase in contrast is very nice-the blue sky really comes out now.

Ack! Is this earth, or some alien planet?

The blue is definitely too much now. It even reflects off the trees. They look artificial.
To my mind, the photo is nice enough as it is, to be worked at with a few very simple things done in Photoshop, nothing very elaborate (since I would never know HOW to do anything elaborate in Photoshop!), and you might still get a result that could convince you this is not necessarily a goner...

Oh Rufus ... and here you were thinking to suggest he maybe give saturation a tiny boost? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I've checked and you actually need to open it in photoshop. Lightroom's saturation settings only go to 'ridiculous'. Photoshop is required for 'ludicrous'. :lol:

id say tone it down a little adjusting for the sky, then make a copy and adjust for the trees, then stitch them together in photoshop or gimp

I actually like what you've done with the photo. Not even slightly realistic of course, but I like the artsy psychedelic look...

Oh gawd.... this thing came back?

Can't you people take a joke? :biglaugh:

To the ones that were being benevolent, much appreciated for your posts. I have actually done some rework to tone it down a bit...... somewhere between the two already posted. As this could be my last post....... we'll see if it comes to fruition.

Thanks ever so much,

Most reactions

Back