First Time Bubble Shoot!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. Tried my hand at bubble photography yesterday. I know, still needs some work. But I think I am pretty satisfied for this being my first time shooting this. Tell me what you think :wink:

DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0928.jpg

Ahh, the red. I couldnt seem to desaturate them while keeping them half-decent looking..-_-

DSC_0926.jpg

:mrgreen:
Mark

Digging the color fading, I like the blue too.

#2 is really dreamy. The others, not so much. I dont think the dead space adds anything to them. They look nice and sharp though.

Are you using a round glass? Im thinking something with a flat face (like aquarium) would give you really even, deep dof.

Good start. Love to see more! :thumbup: Ive been wanting to try my hand at soap bubbles/refraction but just havent had the time to delve into it.

I was using a huge mug-type glass with a black shirt taped to the back. The flash was suspended on a (shoe)string from the ceiling fan with a Lumiquest LQ107 softbox on it pointing directly into the opening of the glass. I looked and looked and looked to try to find something flat, but all my aquariums have fish in them or are cracked. :)

A re-shoot is coming up. I will post more then. Thanks again!

MArk

Very Cool! I like the colors alot.

Thanks for sharing,
Travis

I was using a huge mug-type glass with a black shirt taped to the back. The flash was suspended on a (shoe)string from the ceiling fan with a Lumiquest LQ107 softbox on it pointing directly into the opening of the glass. I looked and looked and looked to try to find something flat, but all my aquariums have fish in them or are cracked. :)

A re-shoot is coming up. I will post more then. Thanks again!

MArk

Go to Walmart and get one of those cheapy flat-sided goldfish bowls. Couldnt be more than a couple bucks. :thumbup:

@Manifest: Wow! I cant believe I overlooked that! Also, thanks for the wiki page. Im excited to hear there is a name for that sensation. For you!:

DSC_09261.jpg

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back