First time Engagement Photos

iKokomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am doing a studio shoot of engagement photos for some friends. I am doing it for free cause this is my first time doing this, and it's for a class project. The school has 3-4 studio strobes (400,800,1600 watt) with a wireless adapter. We also have a black paper background and blue/white and a gold muslin backdrops with a lot of gel filters.

I was wondering what would make a very unique, yet good pictures! What should they wear? And good poses for them.

I will shoot in raw with a D90 and using Lightroom so the couple can see the pictures right away.

Engagement shoots are very personal. I would go ask your friends. Studio shots would seem boring for an engagement shoot. Most of the time people do these on locations somewhere. Can you borrow the flash equipment?

Well they are getting some paid ones from someone else that are off location! But they also want to give me some practice for the in studio shots!

I agree with diskojoe. Ask your friends if they want to have their engagement photos taken on location. Taking their photos in a studio is kinda boring imo. It will seem too "posed". Unless that's what they want. As far as attire goes its always nice to see the ladys in a dress of some sort or skirt. And for guys a button-up and maybe a sports coat or blazer. Then again its up to what your friends are comfortable with. For poses, you can get a good ideas by looking at other peoples work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Well they want both! They are paying for some nice out doors one, but they want some indoor ones (from me) AS well! For my project and for free!

Well they want both! They are paying for some nice out doors one, but they want some indoor ones (from me) AS well! For my project and for free!

LOL. You should have said that to begin with.

Most reactions

Back