First time in manual

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My neighbor down the road baled his cornstalks the other day. I was heading into town and decided to stop and see if, for once, I could get some shots that weren't totally boring. The afternoon sun was shining brightly where the field was, but the clouds were rolling in from the south pretty quickly. Had my Pentax K3Mk 3 and an MX with me, and decided I'd finally try a manual lens for the first time on the K3iii, so I put the Vivitar Series 1 28-135 f3.5 on it and set up the camera for manual. Took some shots and was quite pleased with the result. The Series 1 are great lenses and I have a number of them for both Pentax and Minolta. I do believe I'll add one to my shooting bag for some regular use regardless of the camera I'm carrying.
IMGP0001.l.jpg
IMGP0009.l.jpg
IMGP9998.l.jpg

No 3 has a nice quality to it :)

Les

My neighbor down the road baled his cornstalks the other day. I was heading into town and decided to stop and see if, for once, I could get some shots that weren't totally boring. The afternoon sun was shining brightly where the field was, but the clouds were rolling in from the south pretty quickly. Had my Pentax K3Mk 3 and an MX with me, and decided I'd finally try a manual lens for the first time on the K3iii, so I put the Vivitar Series 1 28-135 f3.5 on it and set up the camera for manual. Took some shots and was quite pleased with the result. The Series 1 are great lenses and I have a number of them for both Pentax and Minolta. I do believe I'll add one to my shooting bag for some regular use regardless of the camera I'm carrying.View attachment 250760View attachment 250761View attachment 250762
Great shots , nice blend of colors.. thanks for sharing !

Nice set. I have several Legacy Pentax lenses that I regularly use on the K3II, and K1MII. that's one of the reasons I've stayed with them forever, they've always maintained backward/forward compatibility.

Last edited:
Number three for me. Nice set.

All three are nice shots, but I like #1 the best for some reason.

Nice set. I like the stark contrast between the ground and sky in the 1st shot and I like how the ground in the 3rd pic (looking left to right) dips down and goes upward, leads my eye off into the sky.

hello,

interesting shots ... first imho could look better if trees would have more space (shorter focal length or no crop), second one is too harsh on look, third one is interesting ... again, I would give more space to the trees, it looks weird on the left with tree clipped ..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back