First time out with Dlsr

amg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone
Wanted to post my fave pic from my first time out with my Dlsr and was hoping to get some feedback. Please tell me anything you like about it and anything you dislike about it and a what you would have done to improve it. Please dont just say you dislike it I would like to hear what I could have done to improve it. Thanks.
Here is some info about the shot:
Shot in Manual and Raw with Canon EOS Rebel T3 Lens Ef-s18-55mmf/3.5
1/125 sec @ f/5.0
Iso 800
No Flash it was a cloudy day

I am not sure how to post photos on here so heres a link to where is posted in Flikr Gavin-02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks Everyone :)

I guess I also Should have mentioned I attempted some editing in lightroom not sure how I did though!!! LOL

Go to your photo on Flickr, click share and hit the BB code button, copy what is in the box and paste here - very simple.

Hello Everyone
Wanted to post my fave pic from my first time out with my Dlsr and was hoping to get some feedback. Please tell me anything you like about it and anything you dislike about it and a what you would have done to improve it. Please dont just say you dislike it I would like to hear what I could have done to improve it. Thanks.
Here is some info about the shot:
Shot in Manual and Raw with Canon EOS Rebel T3 Lens Ef-s18-55mmf/3.5
1/125 sec @ f/5.0
Iso 800
No Flash it was a cloudy day

I am not sure how to post photos on here so heres a link to where is posted in Flikr Gavin-02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks Everyone :)

Great image! I really like it. My "nits" are that the color of his hair blends a bit too much with the background. Perhaps a bit more contrast in LR would help. Also, he has amazing eyes. Go into LR and make those eyes POP by ligntening them and sharpening them! :boogie:

I like the light quality, and especially the color of the light coming from behind. The sharpness is great.

I don't like that you clipped the top of the head. I don't see the purpose for this. I would love to have the golden grass creating a frame around his head. I actually like that his hair color matches the grass as that draws more attention to his eyes. I don't like the strong saturation of the blue shirt and I really don't like the white undershirt sleeves as that is much too bright.

Overall, nice job.

I like the light quality, and especially the color of the light coming from behind. The sharpness is great.

I don't like that you clipped the top of the head. I don't see the purpose for this. I would love to have the golden grass creating a frame around his head. I actually like that his hair color matches the grass as that draws more attention to his eyes. I don't like the strong saturation of the blue shirt and I really don't like the white undershirt sleeves as that is much too bright.

Overall, nice job.

lol for some reason everytime I see you post I want to call you joe, like "bazooka joe" (although that may be before your time - Im old)

Anyway, I agree what this C&C and I did go to his/her Flickr, now if he/she can post a pic, then she will be 2 for 2 today

6813202329_3474f20c71.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Alright lets see if I can post a photo....
Also thank you everyone for you feed back I am gonna play around with it a bit more and see what I can come up with using the tips you guys just game me. This is also my first time using Lightroom I have used Photoshop Elements before though and I am really liking Lightroom more than Elements...Dont know if that is just me though. I know how to turn down the stauration on the shirt but how would I bring down the white in the sleeve???
Looks like I did it!!!! I guess thats 2 for 2 today!!!!

I like it! I think it's a great photo for your first time out! I am about to pick up my first one too and I was looking at the same camera you have! I ended up going with the T2i so I'm hoping I do okay with it lol I want to see more of what you have though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back