First time portrait post.

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody. I usually do not post my work on forums but I thought I'd give it a try for once. This is a collage of shots I did a couple of weeks ago for a long time friend of mine (the mother in the photographs). This collage is something I give to most of my clients of their session (a simple 8x10 ink jet print) and it shows some of the creative things that they can do with their pics.

I have colored this series with some cool colors and I have jacked the levels around a little but I am pretty happy overall with the shots even though I only had the dad for a handful (He didn't really get into it even though it was his idea in the first place. The mom hates having her photo taken which made it a little more difficult).

I hope that you enjoy.

$Rotruck Collage web.jpg

Thank you huckleberry! (I loved that movie btw)

The shots are really nice, though I would personally prefer more of a traditional cool-tone to the heavier blue casting here.

Thanks Max! I am actually playing with a trial version of Lightroom and that is a saved preset "Selenium". I am trying some new things and thinking outside the box.

I kinda like it but prefer the aged look myself. Like this:

$Rotruck 120207  (126 of 133) copy.jpg

My favorite is the kid standing in the rippled sand. I also like the blue tone. :)

Unfortunately, everyone else is squinting in the sun, eek.

I know... the sun thing was hard to deal with. Doing it over again... I would turn away a little more. This was taken at 11:00 am and was pretty bright and frankly... cold. We took a shot or 2 and put jackets on for a minute, took more shots... put the jackets back on.

Interesting session. And thanks for the comments. I love my part time job!

I used a reflector in some of the other shots. But frankly, I just rushed the group photos. Nothing wrong with anything else, I just rushed it. Bad posing on my part.

I like the pictures but I think the collage is a little bit too jumbled.

I like it all especially the one on the top left (the baby). Nice shots. how did you get so high above the kid standing in the sand?

not a fan of the colour either, but that is only personal taste....you just never know what a client will love! I have a handful of clients who just love the selective colour, ick...but hey, it sells, so we do it!!! nice collage...great set of pics!

I like the pictures but I think the collage is a little bit too jumbled.

This collage is just randoms I put on the same page showing my client samples at first glance of the session. This wasn't meant to be used together or even hung on a wall anywhere. I don't use proof books. I use a cd but when I first get back with a client, I hand them a cd and something like this (simple printed on my photo printer) handout.

Thanks for the input though. I wouldn't put these photos together in any type of single work. The only reason I turned the photos slightly and shadowed them is so that it looks like photos spread out on a coffee table somewhere.

I like it all especially the one on the top left (the baby). Nice shots. how did you get so high above the kid standing in the sand?

Magic Levitation Technique! ;o)

Actually there is a large deck and walkway that leads to the beach. I shot from the deck. The photo below is the inspiration for the shots:

$Untitled-3 copy.jpg

Most reactions

Back