First time posting

anagoesch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting a picture for critique . I am a self learner, never had any tutor for advices , so I appreciate some critiques so I can learn and improve my work.
This is my friend's baby. I used a 50mm d1.8 d AF . I used L3 to brighten the colors.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Good exposure! Also I like the DOF but I kinda wish the back of her hat wasn't quite so OOF. My only other thing is that I am not a fan of landscape orientation portraits... The only time they feel right to me is if it is an extreme close up... But those are all my personal preferences. IMO you did a great job!

Thank you,
Sorry, I am so newbie that I don't know what OOF means... Lol
Thanks a lot!

When shooting facial shots ... always make sure the eyes are in focus.

What was the aperture (f stop) ?

I think was 1.8

Sweet means the sharpest setting?

Should I just shoot 5.6 and higher ISO during the day? Would it work better than 1.8 f 100 lSO?
I was trying to figure out how can I get the best advantage of my 50mm 1.8 d AF.

anagoesch said:
I appreciate everybody's help.
I apologize for posting a link, I just can't find upload pic on the app, it just gives me the option for web link or URL link.
I was so attacked and ironized from members that was really intimidating.
It's hard being a beginner cause people sometimes just have the pleasure of making fun of you and disrespect.
I didn't know that Facebook was like offending members.
Thanks for all of you above but maybe I should delete and never ask again.
Is this forum always like that? I thought here wasn't just for pro, but for amateur too.
I am a mom o three little ones and I felt so disrespected with a judgment without knowing my person.

Nobody was making fun of you! A lot of people don't click links that's all. I don't know why you feel so disrespected. It can be hard online since sarcasm doesn't translate when typing. This is a great forum - some people can be blunt and not so nice but that's no different than real life.

If you upload some pics to Flickr it is super easy to post photos. I use my iPhone to post pictures from there. After you upload pics to flickr you can go to the share button and find the Bbcode - then copy and paste here.

Anyways, shooting at f/1.8 isn't the best. Lens don't perform that well wide open. The images can be soft and slightly out of focus. Depending on what your lighting situation you should be able to close down to f/5.6 without having to raise your ISO. Just play around with it - take pictures at your widest aperture (1.8) and keep taking pictures on some of the other apertures leading up to 5.6. Then upload them to your computer and look at them to see the difference.

Facebook isn't offensive per se. But it does things to your image that make it show differently than what you are seeing on your computer-the original file.

You've come here with a chip on your shoulder and an instantly defensive attitude. Things can be read many ways-most of which have nothing to do with how the person typed it. You are going to find much more assistance and respect if you assume the best possible meaning until someone knocks you over the head with the worst. And in here they will flat out say it if they mean the worst. This place is all very plain, blunt speaking. If they think you are a douche bag they'll flat out say it. They aren't being disrespectful anywhere here. They don't sugar coat anything and make you read in any deeper than the words written on the page. And honestly? I saw nothing here that you should have read anything into anyway.
Now take that with a grain of sugar. The cc here WILL be harsh and blunt and make you think that we/they think your work sucks. That's totally not true. CC is what you can do better or differently next time. You don't improve or advance from someone blowing sunshine and roses up your azz. You learn from pointing out what is wrong and can be done differently. It can SEEM like an attack and saying you SUCK, but it's not. I posted in the extreme cc thread not because I suck, but because that brutally honest critique Mark gave me pointed out that the shots I found best from the day weren't and what I could do better. It was so worth it to have him tell me that I am NOT the worlds newest, latest, greatest photographer. I have friends and family for that. The harsh cc also doesn't mean my photos were terrible-even though it may sound that way. It just told me the things I can improve upon. I can't improve upon the good parts of it-so that's kind of useless to me!

Ease up. Don't be so ready to jump at everything everyone says and remember to read for the best possible meaning. They WILL tell you the worst possible meaning if that's what they want to say.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back