first time printing client

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently did PR shots for a musician where he will use the shots solely for printing flyers and posters. He will use a "HP Z6100" printer. I am finishing up the pictures now is there anything i need to look out for in terms of formats and options to better suit his printing experience?
Usually my clients use the pictures electronically for their websites or Facebook, or send them to professional printing locations.

Anybody who has a printer like that should know how to use it. Your job is to deliver finished (edited) RGB files in whatever format the printer operator prefers.

Joe

i have alredy instaled the driver software of the printer in each 5 client computers ,but i can print directly by puting the cable of the printer directly to the computer but i cant print from the client or i dont know how i could give an ip address for the printer.

I was thinking about getting my own photo ink jet printer, but since I would not be a frequent printer, decided to forgo it for now and send stuff to a lab. The printer discussions I found spoke a lot about different types of inks (pigments etc. ) but on photo lab sites the only mention is the type of paper they use. Is ink an issue in choosing a photo lab???

i have alredy instaled the driver software of the printer in each 5 client computers ,but i can print directly by puting the cable of the printer directly to the computer but i cant print from the client or i dont know how i could give an ip address for the printer.

A few ideas...

Make sure the printer is "shared" from the host. If the other computers can't "see" it, this may be the issue. Even if the drivers are installed.

Also check any firewall software that is used on the network and make sure that the IP for the printer or host computer is allowed.

If the Printer is plugged in to one of the computers... Make sure the computer is on. Even though the printer may be on and plugged in... if the host isn't on it won't work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back