First time shooting with a model (pics, no links this time)

Tyler Durden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Figured it out!!

I just got the info on how to upload without a link. Please be very harsh with these photos. These are the best from a shoot with a friend of mine and Im really trying to learn as much as possible from your feedback. I was shooting with a canon 1.4 50mm and a sigma 17-70. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

*One last thing. I do not have any editing software. I know some of these pics need some touching up but I plan on taking a photagraphy class when I return to grad school next august and I will recieve a free copy of the latest software at the time to learn...until then I will continue to shoot in RAW :sexywink: *****

184.JPG

165.JPG

099.JPG

010.JPG

067.JPG

Last edited:
Soooo frustrated right now! Does anyone see why these pics arnt loading????

I just got the info on how to upload without a link. Please be very harsh with these photos. These are the best from a shoot with a friend of mine and Im really trying to learn as much as possible from your feedback. I was shooting with a canon 1.4 50mm and a sigma 17-70. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

*One last thing. I do not have any editing software. I know some of these pics need some touching up but I plan on taking a photagraphy class when I return to grad school next august and I will recieve a free copy of the latest software at the time to learn...until then I will continue to shoot in RAW :sexywink: *****

[URL="http://lh4.ggpht.com/_smayjFx4XQ4/TJh_kHIH9AI/AAAAAAAAAxs/X9X9gK-cFU4/s800/067.JPG"][COLOR=#800080]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_smayjFx4XQ4/TJh_kHIH9AI/AAAAAAAAAxs/X9X9gK-cFU4/s800/067.JPG[/COLOR][/URL][img]
[img][URL="http://lh4.ggpht.com/_smayjFx4XQ4/TJh_kHIH9AI/AAAAAAAAAxs/X9X9gK-cFU4/s800/067.JPG"][COLOR=#800080]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_smayjFx4XQ4/TJh_kHIH9AI/AAAAAAAAAxs/X9X9gK-cFU4/s800/067.JPG[/COLOR][/URL]

Hmmmm, does anyone see where this is going wrong?? I copied and paisted this link from my last post and all it does it this. Im using an old backup laptop while my HP (Never buy one of those) is being fixed again. Its an old version of interenet explorer, any ideas?

067.JPG

067.JPG"][COLOR=

067.JPG"][COLOR=

actually i have no idea,

i just used the add picture button and added the link you provided and it worked.

does she have a bf?
id_tap_that-304.jpg

i really them them, i little bit of fill flash would have been nice in the first one

1,2,and 4 have decent lighting. Not great, but decent. #2 has nice balance between her lighting, and the background lighting, but her body is cropped off...I assume she is wearing a really cute dress....but you crop it off in #2. The blue bra with tiny white polka dots + zebra striped dress...uh....no...bad,bad,bad mix.

Photo #3 is a nice effort, with all black and white, but the way the flash is positioned so low and to the right gives that "horror film" type lighting, and casts a bad shadow from her nose...plus she is all the way to the right, looking right...causing an off-balance feeling.

These are "okay" efforts, but it feels like there are errors on the fundamentals in all of these. The last shot has badly green-tinged fleshtones, and is too square...it's begging for a vertical...she showed up in a hot-looking dress...but she might have just as well worn a tanktop and some loungewear shorts, since you're not showing her torso or legs. Pity that.

The thing you did the best was to present good backgrounds...you put her in front of good,urban backgrounds and got the background exposures down quite well, and did almost as good on lighting her, but not quite. With better framing on these poses, these would have been pretty decent. Like, the background in photo #1--neat-looking! And the urban mall in #3--not bad! All these needed was better framing of her, and better posing, and things would have come together. For a first-time shoot, I think you did very well at getting the backgrounds coherent, logical,and urban/city. MOST people totally fail at the backgrounds and background selection--you did very well on that! AND you did it at night--even harder and more difficult! Back pat on that!

She's a superstar!! Keep taking photos of her and you're both going places for sure...see a HUGE HUGE amount of potential with both your photos and her looks. Now that I've blown your ego like a hot-air balloon, you can float away with her to Hollywood and make some money. And don't forget to share that wealth with us here at TPF...

1. The spotty light isn't that flattering and it looks like she had the chill bumps. Her mouth looks kinda snarly to me, but maybe not?
2. Her mouth looks the same again, the pole going through her head is distracting too, her bra is showing and the pole on the left side is distracting, plus you cut her at the knees.
3. Interesting, like it, but the black line hits right at her neck, which is unflattering.
4. Not a fan of the crooked. The pole by the hand is not being used and is therefor just an in focus distraction IMO.
5. The white balance looks off and the background is blown in spots and just weird in others which makes it compete for interest with the subject.

Also, you might number your pictures to avoid having to scroll up and count each time someone C&Cs. :)

Keep shooting!

see a HUGE HUGE amount of potential with both your photos and her looks.

I wonder what's so huge about her looks... Oh, wait...

Idk if it is a good thing or bad thing, but boobs are distracting in the first picture, draw attention off her face, but moving on, I like these shots alot and like the creativity.

Idk if it is a good thing or bad thing, but boobs are distracting in the first picture, draw attention off her face, but moving on, I like these shots alot and like the creativity.

boobs are distracting? :lmao:

Most reactions

Back