First time using a dSLR

NIXmx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or any SLR for that matter. I've been doing a lot of reading from different books in the library (yes, those are still around) and the internet. I borrowed my friends Nikon D40 with a Nikkor 18-55 GII ED zoom lens. I didn't have his instruction nor the manual so I had to figure out the functions by myself. another friend of mine just moved into a place of his own for the first time. I figured I'd take some pictures for memories and such. I did move stuff to if you cared. I haven't edited anything in Photoshop or any other program. I just re-installed XP so I don't have any of my programs installed yet. Critique and/or comment my work. I didn't go for anything dramatic, just learning how to take nice pictures with a dSLR. No tripod and shaky hands didn't let me use a slow shutter speed, so there is quite a bit of on-board flash.

I'll upload more later. Everything is in thumbnails. Most pictures are taken with aperture priority on f3.5 or f4 I know that's the problem with my pictures. Except 1 and 5, that was intentional.

And for the record, it's a hookah, not a bong. Please don't flame me like a double Wopper with cheese.

Most reactions

Back