First time using off camera flash CC

Derek Zoolander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a few that I did this weekend. First time using flash. 2 off camera flashes with umbrellas with manual settings on camera. im too poor to buy ETTL flashes. These were like 15 bucks each at BH. They are also sitting on a dinner table with some white suede fabric on it that i bought at a going out of business fabric store! Tell me what you think...

3341424745_a6cd508b48_o.jpg

3342274174_527d89d009_o.jpg

3341439271_b9a8a15ff0_o.jpg

3342274154_51bd3fc1ee_o.jpg

3342274106_9a82c7682e.jpg

Thanks!

:thumbup: I mean, it's a good start.:D I dig the exposure in #1, but not #2. I can't give you pointers since all I've only ever used were studio lights with a separate flash meter.

Thanks guys. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you very much! It's a great compliment coming from you Tharmsen.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the lack of response on these, I was pretty proud of these and thought they turned out almost studio looking.

ive read that if there are no responses that the pictures are just ok and nothing special. so that's kinda a bummer. anyone have any pointers in this case then???

I think the first & last shots are the best ones. You have a nice lighting ratio on her face and nice catchlights. One suggestion would be to move your fill light so that its' catchlight doesn't show up in the eye. I think it looks much better with only one catchlight per eye.

there's the main comment i was looking for! thank you big mike! i knew you would give me good advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back