First time with 2 Flash set-up

TimothyPeacock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would love to get your feedback on these.

It was the first time using a two flash set-up, along with having some fun with colour on the flashes too.

Model is Dani Harrison, Styling by Sarah Elizabeth Harrison

8637252365_e8fd332da4_z.jpg

8637252355_38c36d43f5_z.jpg

8637252077_b8f9133eb6_z.jpg

Any feedback on the photography is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Tim

I'm not a fan of what seems to be a trend, at least in amateurs, to use sickly colors on purpose. The color of the skin tones and hair is not flattering. That's a subjective criticism. If it's the look you want and people are paying for it, go for it. The light patterns themselves and the posing are good. There's no one right way to light someone; there's just what you like and what the client likes.

There's some flyaway hairs in the first couple that could probably be cleaned up usefully, and the crop's a little tight as well. The very top of her hair's cut off, and that feels like an accident/wrong to me.

Not in love with the thin random strip of exposed belly in #2.

These all seem very dim to me. You have moderately dramatic lighting going on, so you can push the contrast a fair bit without damaging the look of the thing. I think these would be better with more light, or alternatively with some adjustments in post.

The colors, as noted, are pretty unappealing (especially in #2) but they do fit the styling pretty well, a sort of alien/weird look.

Looks like the RAW images have plenty to work with!!! I imported the three into LR and gave them a quick play. PLENTY of detail seems to be hidden in these images.I am sure you can create a number of different 'looks' out of the stuff you shot this session. Here are the looks I came up with in just a couple minutes' of playing around with very small web images.

$8637252365_1_EDITED.jpg

$8637252355_2_EDITED.jpg

$8637252077_3_EDITED.jpg

Most reactions

Back