First Time

blatalllic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post in this section of the Forum...I've had the camera about two weeks and still getting the hang of things....I need advice on these pics....Its my friends little boy...Thanks guys!!!

LittleManIV.jpg

Could you please decide on just one of these two photos to have critiqued and take the other out, for in Photo Critique we say to put only one photo at a time, with a bit of an explanation of what you wanted to show when you decided to take that photo, what you worked with and what your settings were (if that can still be looked up somewhere).

Changed, sorry didnt know about the single pic rule

Congratulations on your new camera! I think a different crop would really improve this shot. There is a lot of dead space around this little guy that could be removed.

My quirky new computer is giving me fits and my regular photo editing software has decided that it will not longer recognize JPG files, so I had to use the Widnows Photo Editor (ugh!) to do this quick edit. I cropped it and gave the brightness and saturation a small boost. You may want to play around with the white balance. It looks very blue to me.

LittleManIV.jpg

~jen

great edit jen!

you need to work o your composition. think of the lines on a tic tac toe board. you want the key points of the photograph to fall on the LINES of the tic tac toe board.

here is an article that explains it a little, although i think they give a bad example with the photograph they use

http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/photo-composition-tips.html

i hope this helps. composition, in my opinion, is the first important step in taking a great photograph.

Thank you for reducing your post to one photo only.
If you want to know more about the idea of this very forum (Photo Critique), you can find some_useful_info_here .

My first impression of this photo is:
a) it is quite quite blue, the skin colour is way off
b) focus is not right, it sits on the sides of the car seat but the eyes of your friend's little boy are not in focus.

These two things throw me off immediately. Sorry.

He is a very cute little boy and is giving you the loveliest of smiles. There is absolutely no doubt about that. For those things alone, many will like this photo, mostly so his parents.

But since this is Photo Critique, we should try to look beyond the subject of the photo.

I am not quite so against including the background to illustrate where the boy was when you took his photo, though I do agree that it is a bit much and takes away from the boy (but that is also because of the focus gone to the wrong places). Therefore yes, also I would suggest you crop this photo a little to further work on your composition, so you get rid of the near side of the car seat (very in focus! don't show that) and of part of the top.

I would not crop into his head.

You might even consider using the clone tool on the dirt specks on the far side of the car seat then ... but only after you have worked on the colour cast. That requires a good deal of work.

Thank guys for the useful info....Im a noob and am still learning the ropes...I'll take into consideration what was said and I'll do my best to improve...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back