TPF Noob!
Reaction score
WOW, what an amazing city!

A park across from Macy's near the Empire State Building

73b72e0a.jpg

P4210099-1.jpg

I think they were filming a comercial of some sort

P4210128-1.jpg

What a beauty. One of my favourite buildings anywhere.

P4200060-2.jpg

The obligatory shot

P4210111-1.jpg

A couple from the top

P4210190-1.jpg

This guy likely got up here in a few minutes. It took us a couple of hours.

P4210180-1.jpg

Great shots! Any shot from NYC can be a great one! My fav is 1, & 2.

I visit NYC alot for shopping. mostly through out lower Manhattan. My next trip to NYC will be in April for the Auto Show. I gona try to take some shots.

Gotta love NY - I'll be heading up that way in a couple weeks!

Nice shots! :thumbup:

WOW!!!!!

I would love to get there one day. My goals were always to visit WTC towers, Lady Liberty, Empire State and the Dakota (yeh, I'm a huge fan of the man!)

Have you snapped any of the Lady? Would love to see 'em.

Is it really that warm there already?
For I am flying there on Sunday! And don't know what to pack. But it looks like I need not bring my winter clothes?
And does it really take hours to get to the top of the Empire State Building (as I am not hearing in your thread first, dllb :roll: ... everyone says so!)? Oh dear. Will I be able to make my husband do the wait with me?
And yes, I am also quite keen on taking a good photo of the Chrysler Building. I find that very beautiful, too!!!
Dang, here goes another of my chances to get some "unique" New York-pics (I think that chance has actually gone ages ago ;)). I'll do my very best, though :biggrin: --- the weather you had was unbeatable, though! Wow. What might expect us next week?

Oh, and by the way: I moved this thread to the General Gallery ... it doesn't look quite so "landscapey" and "natural" to me.

LaFoto said:
Is it really that warm there already?
For I am flying there on Sunday! And don't know what to pack. But it looks like I need not bring my winter clothes?
And does it really take hours to get to the top of the Empire State Building (as I am not hearing in your thread first, dllb :roll: ... everyone says so!)? Oh dear. Will I be able to make my husband do the wait with me?
And yes, I am also quite keen on taking a good photo of the Chrysler Building. I find that very beautiful, too!!!
Dang, here goes another of my chances to get some "unique" New York-pics (I think that chance has actually gone ages ago ;)). I'll do my very best, though :biggrin: --- the weather you had was unbeatable, though! Wow. What might expect us next week?

Oh, and by the way: I moved this thread to the General Gallery ... it doesn't look quite so "landscapey" and "natural" to me.

Thanks for moving it. I am quite new and am still learning.

I'm afraid it did take about 2 hours to get to the top but it was well worth it. I will submit a few photos from the top. What a view. Like no other!

I know you will have a great time there.

Love the second one with the colours of the flowers. I think with a little cropped off the top, those wonderful colours would stand out even more.

Great pictures. I wish I could go there too.

You had some marvellous weather when you went there! We had nice days and also not-quite-so-nice days, and most of all it was MUCH COLDER than we had thought it would be, we only brought our summer coats and would have been so much better off in the winter ones! But like I already said in one other of your New-York-threads: I like your photos now even better, and I like how we have chosen different perspectives and how we have seen different things! :D

LaFoto said:
You had some marvellous weather when you went there! We had nice days and also not-quite-so-nice days, and most of all it was MUCH COLDER than we had thought it would be, we only brought our summer coats and would have been so much better off in the winter ones! But like I already said in one other of your New-York-threads: I like your photos now even better, and I like how we have chosen different perspectives and how we have seen different things! :D

Thank you and I agree completely. To me that is the real beauty of photography. Everyone sees things a little differently and from a slightly different persepectve and it is reflected in their photographs. To me, photography is really the true international language. We all understand and appreciate a beautiful picture no matter where we are from.

Most reactions

Back