First tripod suggestions?

kaashin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm trying to decide on what tripod to get for my first tripod. I have wasted money in the past on buying items that are too cheap, so I wanted to avoid that problem with my first tripod. I've been taking photos for a few years now, but I still consider myself a beginner. I can't quite afford something crazy like a Gitzo.

I have found these two within my budget:

A manfrotto with a 3 way head.
MANFROTTO 190XPROB W/804RC2 HEAD KIT 201912XP

A miscellaneous name Fotopro
FOTOPRO C5I TRIPOD/MONOPD COMBO TITANIUM C5I/TITANIUM

I really like the manfrotto and how it can really darn low and looks very versatile. And also, manfrotto seems to be a solid brand that I can depend on.

The fotopro is just loaded with all sorts of features but I can't really see many reviews....or none at all on this brand and especially on this model, so I feel like I'm spending quite a bit to be a beta tester. I would really like to have a ball head rather than the manfrotto head, and I also find it appealing to be able to use it as a monopod as well. The design and everything looks pretty solid, and the few reviews I have found have shown that the tripod is pretty solid.

Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions for me? Or an alternate tripod under 200 that I should consider?

The first tripod I got recently was a velbon sherpa, second was a gorrillapod (the big one for dslrs) both are great!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back