Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there TPF,

So last night I decided I'd give shooting the moon a try. I had never done any moon shots before with the T3i, but its been on my mind ever since I picked up the 55-250 a couple months back. So here you go, my first attempt and definitely not my last! Also, sorry for the watermark being so bright on this one with the black background, LR3 just stamps it on everything (too lazy to turn it off for this one image alone), it usually isn't so obnoxious.

Let me know what you think, all CC is appreciated ;)

Moon by TogaLive, on Flickr

Shot at 1/250, f/11, and ISO 100. Cropped/PP in LR3.

Best,

Toga

I like!

as for watermark - make it transparent-ish - it will be visible, but not so screamy :]

Very nice shot! I need to give this a try

Nice shot - thaks for sharing. Just one thing I was wondering - if you gave it a bit of a contrast boost, would that help bring out the details any better - don't take this as a criticism, it is just something that I would try if it was my image.

I like!

as for watermark - make it transparent-ish - it will be visible, but not so screamy :]

Thanks sekta! Yeah, LR has it set to be transparent on photos, but I guess for whatever reason its solid when on a solid black background. I'll definitely look into adjusting it for future moon shots.

Here's an example of what it usually looks like, definitely not as obtrusive ;)

Female Anna's Hummingbird by TogaLive, on Flickr

Nice shot - thaks for sharing. Just one thing I was wondering - if you gave it a bit of a contrast boost, would that help bring out the details any better - don't take this as a criticism, it is just something that I would try if it was my image.

Thanks Western! Yeah, I fiddled around with the contrast quite a bit. If I added more to bring out the smaller details, the large dark areas came out too dark for my tastes. I think I'll reshoot this one sometime when its not so full and then I'll use a brush to add some contrast to smaller areas vs the whole thing. Glad you like it and thanks for the great CC!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back