First try at Fireworks Shots w/ Canon T2i - for C&C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went down to Ashbridge's Bay in the Toronto Beaches to watch the Canada Day fireworks for the first time since I was a kid. The weather was spot on. I did some research (much of it on this forum) on how to shoot fireworks so I was pretty prepared. Most of the shots were done between F11 & F14 and 3 to 4 seconds exposure. I managed to secure one of the raised lifeguard stations so I was shooting from about 10 feet above the beach, which was pretty cool. I also shot in RAW for the first time and edited in a trial version of Lightroom 3. L3 is awesome, I must say, but on my computer it runs very slow. Anyway, here are four shots for kicks and giggles. If you see anything wrong or that I could have done better, please chime in.

Fireworks-3.jpg

Fireworks-2.jpg

Fireworks-1a.jpg

Fireworks-4.jpg

Well done - looks like you've nailed the formula for fireworks. The only minor comment I might make is that some of the images have essentially empty space on the right 1/3 - 1/2 of the image which is doing much and could be cropped. I really like the fact that you've got some other elements besides the actual firework bloom in the image. I think #3 with the audience silhouettes is especially well done.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back