First try at this portrait stuff

dorf2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
x

Last edited:
wow, boobs :lol: Honestly all I can notice is the way her boobs look. The black corset and black background blend in too much, and the corset makes her have armpit fat. Also the lighting seems very dark and unflattering. Sorry if I sound harsh.

Damn, I saw the word "boobs" and was bummed I missed it... until I got to the "armpit fat" part...

I deleted my pictures as I dont think that the comment left was called for. I post pictures on forums for constructive critisizm not for horrible comments of my models!!

I didn't see the pic but the comment could easily be construed as insulting to the model. I see it as criticism of the photographer's posing skills but...

Seriously??? I was critiquing your photos which YOU requested!! As pointed out its all about the posing. My critique should have helped you recognise said problems and look for those things when shooting the next shoot. There are 100s of poses you can do that will prevent 'armpit fat'. I mean that girl wasn't fat, it was the way her corset was soo tight and pushing up which probably could have been avoided with different posing. Sheesh....What did you want me to say "playboy worthy images??"

^lol. Doesn't everyone want to hear that ;-)?

I agree that the c&c was appropriate. Take what you can and leave the rest.

I deleted my pictures as I dont think that the comment left was called for. I post pictures on forums for constructive critisizm not for horrible comments of my models!!

As the photographer, it's YOUR job to manage how your models look in the photograph. You're responsible for posing, lighting, and clothing. All of which she commented on.

Your job is to make her look good by putting her an a flattering pose with acceptable clothing... If you didn't do that, then people are going to point it out.

I saw this post while the photos were still up. A lot of them were underexposed, and the corset/background blending was a real issue. You also used high ISO (if I recall) around 800, and occasionally popup flash.

Most reactions

Back