TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
quok1mb0.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40497349/

taylor.jpg

this was my first client (It is actually my brother but in case anyone asks its my first client) and I was wondering what you think? took him out around dallas and did some shooting and yeah...tell me what I could better and all that kind of stuff! LoL

Thanks!

ADDED:

Link to second Taylor photo

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40501895/

The exposure & lighting are reasonable and the pose is OK. I think the squinting detracts a little. I like your use of the reflective pillar but think it's unfortunate that the plates meet right in line with his face in the reflection.

I think you could have got in a bit closer, and the and the angle of the pillar / perspective is distracting.

what can you do about outside lighting...it was the sun...how could i make it better? please let me know! LoL Thanks for the comment though...

What about same pose, same location, but later in the day or early in the morning when the sun isn't so high and or bright.

I like the pose and everything else about the photo except what's been mentioned before .. squinting eyes and the break in his eyes on the reflection.

I think you've got a nice start here. I think the pose is fine and the lighting, although very warm, is interesting.

I want to crop this one. The reflection in the wall is cool, but I wouldn't frame the image so that it get's equal weight with the subject. Something like spice in soup... it should add to and compliment, but not become the main flavor.

So, what I'm proposing is to make this a 3/4 legnth crop... just above the kness, and center the subject in the frame. Add a bit of vignetting maybe.

Pete

I really didn't have an issue with the lighting, like I said, it's OK. To answer your question however... What can you do about outside lighting?

- Change the time of day (wait, or just shoot at a different time)
- Wait for the sun to go behind a cloud (if there are any)
- Move yourself or move the model.
- Change where you're shooting.
- Use a portable reflector / subtractor
- Use a feature of the land as a reflector (concrete, light coloured walls, etc)
- Use a feature of the land as a subtractor (dark coloured /black walls things)
- Use an on camera flash
- Use an off camera flash

There are likely tons more, the answer certainly isn't "nothing the sun's my light outside."

Most reactions

Back