First Upload

Smith2688

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't critique toooo harshly...yet ;).

This looks like a really friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable board. I'm glad I joined.

P1040415_edited-Online.jpg

P1040419_edited-Online.jpg

Bird.jpg

I apologize for the noise and the blown out highlight on the beak in the bird photo.

Wow!! These are some awesome shots. Really great captures , colour and detail are perfect. Frame # 3 ! Looks like a type of Kingfisher bird. The sun glare off the beak makes it pop. Nice shooting.

hahaha oh thanks! You like the glare on the beak then!

They were taken with a Panasonic Lumix Fz20 at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The first two were taken while on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. The bird was taken on one of the "nature" trails. I got really lucky with the girafe...it came quite close to the truck. The wildebeast was in an open plain and I zoomed up a tad on him and quickly snapped away before we sped off.

I added a slight USM to the first too and about a 10-15 increase in saturation.

Smith2688 said:
hahaha oh thanks! You like the glare on the beak then!

i noticed the glare but it hardly takes away from the image at all! nice work.

if you're really interested in critique, post one in the critique section...read the guideline sticky first!

I enjoyed the series. There has been several Giraffe pictures on this forum and this is as good as any I have seen. You might want to pass it off as a crow. It too would be as good as any of the crow shots thus far. lol.

Oh thanks a lot for the compliments!

Crow? I've been confused about this crow deal hahaha.

Very good animal photos all taken in good light which really brings out the colours.
The glare on the crow's (teehee :lol: ) beak doesn't bother me at all. As long as you can pass it as a crow ( :biglaugh: ), it is ok.

(Read some of the other threads and you might get into all this crow-business going on here at present... it is hard for a newcomer to understand, I do admit!)

Thanks!

It seems that every bird picture people take is labeled as a crow. Most seem to want to capture a real crow on a gravestone. One person keeps taking pictures of pigeons and insisting that they're crows.

You're getting it, Smith :D.
And even tortoises are being labelled as crows here... even those.
And when people (like myself) manage to capture a crow, those who would so want to capture one on a tombstone call that one a bear....!!! If you believe it or not!
You have let yourself into an online lunatic asylum...........

Awesome...this is my kind of place! I'll go find a crow then. Can it have one eye?! 0.x

It will be called a dolphin or a lion or so, anyway. So go ahead :D :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back