First wedding as second shooter

TWright33

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the privilege of being hired to second shoot my first wedding this weekend.

Here area few of my favorites.

(These are detail shots because that was my main task for the day)

$DSC_0020_edited-2.jpg$DSC_4625.JPG$DSC_4633.JPG$DSC_4639.JPG$DSC_4864.JPG

#3 I would prefer a different angle, to be able to see what is written there

don't know about the watch

other three, no complaints

you did good according to these

#3 I would prefer a different angle, to be able to see what is written there

don't know about the watch

other three, no complaints

you did good according to these

I was kinda going for the idea of being able to see the date on the watch- it was the grooms watch.

I agree with you on the angle of 3. I wish I would have used a deeper DOF.

The leather cover for the flask says "groom" at the top and "Cade" in the middle.

I was kinda going for the idea of being able to see the date on the watch- it was the grooms watch.
how about (for the next time) take a picture of the watch much closer and on the groom's wrist

Here's another one.

I obviously know their heads are cropped off. It's kind of what I was going for

$b&w2.JPG

Great job! Lovely photos and great focus

Ah the plight of the secondary shooter... taking images of stuff more than people. (I say this from experience, btw... I'm not picking on you... I've been there.)

The chopped off head thing doesn't work, IMO.

Ah the plight of the secondary shooter... taking images of stuff more than people. (I say this from experience, btw... I'm not picking on you... I've been there.)

In respect, I politely disagree as second shooter he was looking out for shots the client might want but first photographer may not get. So in that sense, I find the picture a little unique and quite nice. I would suggest however a pump up of contrast. :)

Ahhhh... Actually the photographer that hired me asked me not to post any images with people in them yet.

So that is why there are only "things"

Not bad at all! I like the "through the door" shot a lot, but I wonder what it would have looked like shot in portrait orientation?

I checked out your Flickr - your concert photography is pretty great!

I was thinking too about the door shot, which is nicely done but I'd be curious if it would have worked vertically, or I might have taken a step forward? (not being there of course we can't see what else was there). I'd think about a crop on each side, that's where I think there are distractions off in the background (whatever was sitting there) that might be better not in the picture.

I'd watch for distractions in the corner of the photos, such as whatever is in the lower right corner of the photo of the flasks. To me it can distract from a great shot to have some part of an object just barely in the frame.

I might consider some adjustment to the B&W (now that we know it had to be edited for display to not include faces) because it looks more of a range of light gray to charcoal than really black and white.

I know this thread is a a little "old" at this point, but I forgot about this shot I got.

$DSC_5060.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back