First Wedding (C&C por favor)

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
lawrenceburnsphotography.yolasite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few from my first wedding. C&C away!

1)
IMG_5464ew25.jpg

2)
IMG_5501cew25.jpg

3)
IMG_5555ew25.jpg

4)
IMG_5628ew25.jpg

5)
IMG_6012cew25.jpg

#1-the angle confuses my brain. I had to really stop and figure out which way was up. I think it would have been better to shoot a little less close up and be able to actually have the ground at the bottom of the picture

#2-not sure exactly what's going on here. The groom just looks bewhildered, which I'm not sure is something he'd want to remember from his wedding day. But there may be a story behind this picture that I don't know.

#4-love the idea behind this. It's a creative way of doing the ring shots that I haven't seen before.

I think technically speaking (lighting, exposure, etc) the shots are really nice. Some of the poses/angles might not be my favorite, but overall nice job.

Except for the first one the lighting is well done (as is the composition), but the shots themselves are a bit weird...

In the second one...you're making them seem like alcoholics. No offense to anyone that is...but if you're taking pictures of a day that's supposed to be sacred and important for the rest of their lives...showing all of the guys raising a toast with beer cans is a bit...lacking class.

The PP in the third shot kind of makes her seem like she's glowing. It seems she has bit too much makeup on, but in the final shot she seems more normally-done...which means it's probably a PP thing. Tone it down a notch and make it look more realistic if you can.

Shot of the baby's feet is definitely cute and they'll love it.

Final shot...why the hell is her hand on her hip? Is this a chore for her? Once again, the day of marriage (and therefore the pictures to remember it by) should show their love for each other and their feelings about the day so that when they look back at the pictures all of the great feelings rush back into their minds. In this picture (because of her stance) it seems like she's there to be in a drinking contest with him. Makes it seem a bit cheap.

I have to agree that the ring shot is by far the best.

1. is just weird for me, has to be the angle

2. is a little weird also, but depending on the couple this might be one of his favorite shot, probably not hers.

3. I know that you should focus on the eyes and you did that well, to me it seems like it is to much, I do think this is more due to makeup then the photographer.

I love and so do artists the first photo. It and they are awesome so don't stop doing it. Your photos are almost perfect but I immediately see the flaws. If you want to give me fits trying to find flaws then fix it (them) Your lines are not straight. The brick wall mortar joints lean left on the left while on the right the lines lean right. Most obvious in the woman and baby photo. Fix that common distortion and they will be PERFECT! I love the first photo!

great for your first wedding! #2 and #4 may have a very slight hint of red but that can easily be fixed during PP. Are you shooting RAW or JPEGS? With RAW its just a lot easier to fix it thats all

I'm with others, #1 and #2 are a bit confusing. The ring shot is more for newborn :D.
When you're shooting a wedding, think film & album. When you're thinking film = you are shooting as close as possible to w/o wasting any frames, make each one count. When you're thinking ALBUM, you have to think "will this go into an album?". Thus you're less likely to get these brainteasers :)

#1. Odd angle, then again, I'm not a fan of angle shots.
#4. The subjects of the picture, the rings, are out of focus.
#5. Looks like the bride got antlers growing out of her head.

I think these are great shots but I would tone down the eye pop in the one with the woman and the baby.

Thanks to all for the replies.

There was a lot of drinking before, during, and after the ceremony. I think cold beer was actually a theme for the couple and when I saw the groomsmen toasting his head I couldn't help but take a shot.

For shot #1 I took several of different angles, this one being the most extreme, unfortunately the sharpness just seemed to lack on the rest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back