First Wedding (maybe the last!)

AlexisRhea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First I just want to say- Those of you who do this on a regular basis- you are amazing! I wasn't really sure if I wanted to pursue wedding photography at all, but my sister-in-law needed help. I explained that I had no experience, not the right equipment, etc. She said she didn't care if they were "professional" looking. She just wanted someone to snap some photos. Okay..... I was more stressed about this wedding than I think she was. :lol: I did my best. My worst fears came true- poor lighting (crappy rainy weather and no lighting under the pavilion) and lots of rushing around pulling double duty. I was lucky enough to find an old theater that didn't mind if we used their place to shoot some pictures. Most of the pictures the bride and groom wanted were by the lake outside. It poured buckets of rain so that was impossible- thank goodness for the hairdresser! She suggested checking into the theater and they were just lovely for letting us use it!
Overall, I can't complain. I think some of the pictures came out nicely. Others I was really disappointed. I am still really inexperienced with PhotoShop. I plan to learn more of course and I am hoping to reedit some of their photos. In the meantime, here are some of the civil ceremony, wedding day and then the reception two weeks later.

188560152-M.jpg

188556838-M.jpg

189483058-M.jpg

188558928-M.jpg

189932191-M.jpg

188550115-M.jpg

189947307-M.jpg

190984951-M.jpg

189469819-M.jpg

188732326-M.jpg

189499798-M.jpg

If anyone wants to see more you can go to : http://alexisrhea.smugmug.com/Weddings

I enjoyed doing this wedding because the bride and groom are so much fun to be around, but it was so hard for me because of the lack of equipment, experience and time. I'm irritated with some of the mistakes I made- like cutting off people's feet, etc. I guess I was so focused on other things I missed some of the basics. At any rate... I might like to try another wedding with better equipment and maybe as a sidekick instead of the primary!
I admire you pros even more now than before! I knew it wasn't easy...

I think you did a fabulous job! Weddign are extremely hard and stressful for me aswell. I've done 4 now...going on 5. It's tough stuff! But yeah, I think you did a nice job....even on the photoshop stuff. Don't beat yourself up over it. I know this next wedding I do is probably going to be my last. I'll stick with portraiture.

Sorry for the lack of response. I was MIA for a bit with my new job.
Thanks for the feedback. I was definitely at my wits' end with the lighting. I am seriously working on my PS skills and I hope I can save a few shots that can turn out beautifully.

Any suggestions on how to save this shot? I know I need to get rid of the door/ reflection. I'm just stuck, technique wise as far as what else to do. Any help I would GREATLY appreciate. Thanks!

189939676-L.jpg

Thanks again.

Sure! I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

this is a rough edit on the low-res posted image and only my opinion on improving it.

remove the doors entirely and extend the grey wall.
make all the shadow areas lighter.
Make a new layer and blur everything slightly to hide the cloning of the wall and make the bride pop out when it is masked.
Mask out the bride so the unblurred bride shows thru.
mask out the plaque with 50% opacity so it is slightly blurred.
adjust the bride layer for brightness and contrast
vignette the entire thing.
print it on canvas or textured paper

189939676bbbhs0.jpg

Okay.... I guess my response didn't work. :( What I said was... WOW! Thanks a million. Wonderful job Traveler. I could kiss ya! Thanks so much!

Most reactions

Back