First Wedding - Third Shooter

I switched around quite a bit, but I believe 1-7 were with the 50mm, if not, some 35mm may be mixed in there. #8 is for sure with the 105 macro and possibly #9. If not, then #9 was with the 50mm. I know I shot some full flower arrangements with the macro lens, just not sure which ones.

I'm not home or I could look at the EXIF data.

Good shots, but #1 makes her head look HUGE and the face seems extremely pale. It looks almost as if the head was photoshopped onto someone else's body.

Hey Josh,
I was just looking at your signature. You have a lot of expensive equipment "coming soon". Did you win the lottery or is that a wish list??

Good shots, but #1 makes her head look HUGE and the face seems extremely pale. It looks almost as if the head was photoshopped onto someone else's body.

Hey Josh,
I was just looking at your signature. You have a lot of expensive equipment "coming soon". Did you win the lottery or is that a wish list??

Just been saving up for a while. I am trying to space it out some though.I got my 18-200 just a few weeks ago, and an SB-600 about a week ago, then I'll be ordering a new tripod/ball head soon which is another $5XX. After That, I'll start working on the really fun stuff in my signature. I just keep in there so I have a visual reference of where I am at vs. where I plan to be.

Just been saving up for a while. I am trying to space it out some though.I got my 18-200 just a few weeks ago, and an SB-600 about a week ago, then I'll be ordering a new tripod/ball head soon which is another $5XX. After That, I'll start working on the really fun stuff in my signature. I just keep in there so I have a visual reference of where I am at vs. where I plan to be.

Sounds like my Amazon wishlist :) It's full of things I can't afford yet! The 18-200 is really great for a walkaround lens or vacation. I don't use it for anything professional, but still a very worthwhile investment I think, just for the convenience factor.

Sounds like my Amazon wishlist :) It's full of things I can't afford yet! The 18-200 is really great for a walkaround lens or vacation. I don't use it for anything professional, but still a very worthwhile investment I think, just for the convenience factor.

Yeah, I got it for when I go offroading. Don't want to be switching lenses in such dusty situations. My plan is to purchase one item on my list each month until It's taken care of. However, I am a bit compulsive so it might take less time than that :lol: A few things still need to be refined too... The 24-70 is backordered, I am not 100% sure on the D300 (vs. the D700 or D3 FX bodies), and a few other small uncertainties.

Last edited:
The D3... I went and looked at the pricetag once. Once I got off the floor, I decided the D300 and eventually the D700 would suit my purposes just fine!

I'm working on lenses now so that when I go up to the D700, I will be off running.

The D3... I went and looked at the pricetag once. Once I got off the floor, I decided the D300 and eventually the D700 would suit my purposes just fine!

I'm working on lenses now so that when I go up to the D700, I will be off running.

I think the D3 will be overkill for my current needs, and my future needs for quite some time for that matter. That's why I am thinking the D300 is good for now, then get the D3 when I become very serious. D300/D3 is a very popular combo among pro's. Either way, I am only buying FX lenses from now on, so the transition doesn't make me pay twice. Hence my $6,000 list of lenses. :lol:

I think the D3 will be overkill for my current needs, and my future needs for quite some time for that matter. That's why I am thinking the D300 is good for now, then get the D3 when I become very serious. D300/D3 is a very popular combo among pro's. Either way, I am only buying FX lenses from now on, so the transition doesn't make me pay twice. Hence my $6,000 list of lenses. :lol:

Yea, me too on the FX. Ouch, it is so painful!

I say bonus points for using prime lenses. Cheaper, smaller, lighter, better. ^.^

The shots outside are nice - but it seems when the transition was made to the inside we went into "auto" mode.

The shots inside and most outside were in full manual. Even aperture priority made the subject very bright with a nearly black background.

I was talking technique/aesthetic not function.

Wow! #5 is amazing! I love the colors! Do you mind sharing the exif for this shot?

Cheers,

Most reactions

Back