EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
2xYongnuo yn-560exII Flashes
Yongnuo yn-565ex
Tons of lighting stands/modifiers
Batteries
Battery Grip
More...

Anyone have any tips? This is a friend's wedding and while we aren't placing super high hopes, I'd like to exceed all expectations. I'm bringing along another photographer who's a friend of mine to help with coverage as well.

Make sure you have enough memory cards formatted and in your camera, not on the table at home when you are in the church. Good luck, post a few shots afterwards if you can

I have 3 16gbs, 1 32gb, and 1 8gb card. All are formatted and ready. This is taking place on a golf course, outside, with the reception being in a very nice dining hall.

have you set down and written up a list of what you need to get, shots you need to take, where your taking them etc. this can really help you on on the wedding day your first few times so you don't forget shots etc. Wedding is tomorrow i'm guessing the rehearsal is today, I would suggest asking if you can come out to that. allows you to look at the venue ahead of time. see how the ceremony is going to be run. you can figure out where you and the second shooter need to be and work on who shoots what at what time and allows you to pick your photo spots ahead of time. something indoors, and something outdoors so you have options in case of weather or what have you. pin down the bride, and have a schedule laid out so she knows what time she needs to arrive (though at this poing its problaby a bit late for that if you havnt done that) maybe you can at least get her schedule so when you get home you can fill in the spots with what you need to get photowise so you know exactly how much time to get photos. It really helps to know that you can only afford say 15 minutes with the groomsmen before you have to go do the bridesmaides, or you wind up spending 30 minuetes with the grooms and oops wedding time, no time for the bridesmaids etc. seems so far from what Ive learned (which isn't much) is that time management is very critical. figure out what you have to work with ahead of time.

Remember although this is the day the bride has been waiting for all her life. it also tends to be the most stressful day of her life, so watch her and see how she is doing and work around her needs. good luck.

You only need 2 lenses 18-135 and 70-200 keep it as simple as possible 1 on each camera you wont have time to change lenses

Bring this:

2xEOS Rebel T3i
EF 50mm f/1.8 II

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

2xYongnuo yn-560exII Flashes
Yongnuo yn-565ex
Tons of lighting stands/modifiers
Batteries
Battery Grip

Leave the cheap tele's at home.

Clarification. The other rebel belongs to my assistant and so does the 18-135. I've only got the 18-55. Unfortunately I'm at my hourly job so no rehearsal for me.

Got a reflector?

Unfortunately not. Maybe I can run to Walmart and grab a plasterboard?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back