First Wedding

Build your portfolio by offering very discounted pricing. Just let them know that you are a new photographer and that you are just trying to build your portfolio but you need to have your costs and time covered.

i like that idea.. :) Thanks MissCream;)

You are welcome :)

You should get at least $200.

ok another question, my sisters photographer taking for ever to give her the photos. Wedding date Sep. 2010 and still no photos. I'm almost done looking through all these Photos. But why the is this Photographer taking so long?

ok another question, my sisters photographer taking for ever to give her the photos. Wedding date Sep. 2010 and still no photos. I'm almost done looking through all these Photos. But why the is this Photographer taking so long?

Well.... we can't tell you what another photographer is doing, but that seems a tad long, I would say 6 months is definately not out of the question, but going on 10 months is. You may be done "looking" through yours, but editing is different and takes more time. She has probably seen her proofs, right? Plus if they are laying out a weddimg album, some take a lot of pride in the layouts they create. Has she asked?

Well.... we can't tell you what another photographer is doing, but that seems a tad long, I would say 6 months is definately not out of the question, but going on 10 months is. You may be done "looking" through yours, but editing is different and takes more time. She has probably seen her proofs, right? Plus if they are laying out a weddimg album, some take a lot of pride in the layouts they create. Has she asked?

yea she had her proofs. I think she was going to get them this week but he hasn't called...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your wedding photographs here. So cute and beautiful bride. Gorgeous images. These photographs show a perfectness of wedding photographer.

Ok. Future reference! you need to know what you charge, why you charge it, and have the means to show images that prove that you
deserve the money that you charge. Until then you my shoot for free.

Do some research on what albums cost and then offer them to them. I would not charge them anything for your time. If they want an album then tell them the amount and thank them for letting you learn with them.

The first 3 weddings I did for free but I had already researched albums, custom cd's and much more. I had a slight mark up but it was not very much. The first album I sold cost me 120 and I charged 175. I did not tell them the 125 part. Now if I was to do a wedding some of the albums I make are up to 400 and I charge around 800+. Everything you offer you need to know about before you take a picture.

Good luck and do some research, there is a ton out there!

i thank all the feed back you all had good things to say.. thanks, this is why i love this forum. <3 :thumbup:

A nice set of images. It's really a solid album for couple. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back