First (well second) Post

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been submitting photos to the BigPrint Gallery for a while now. But I have yet to receive a comment there on any of my photos. I'm not sure exactly why. Uninteresting? Boring? Perhaps you could give me a few pointers? I've had my camera (Canon Rebel GII) for a little over a year now, so I'm pretty much a total newb, although I've been trying to figure stuff out. I just picked up a Yashicamat 124G TLR but haven't yet had the time to begin the learning curve all over again.

Anyway, here's an image I caught of my cat a month or so ago. Let me know what you think:

GoldieChair.jpg

It seems a little soft(out of focus) is this due to scanning the photo?
It's a great photo other than that! :) good job!

I like the perspective in this shot! The colors seem a bit off but I suspect that's from the scanning.

The image was put directly to CD by the lab, so I didn't manually scan it.

If I remember correctly, the image was taken with a fairly slow shutter speed in the neighborhood of 1 sec. There was very low light, so I probably manually focused--and quite possibly didn't do a very good job.

The color distortion you mention probably resulted from not using any corrective filter for what incandescent, and some ambient light coming in from a window on the right side of the photo.

Or that's my attempt to explain....whether it's correct or not.......

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back