First Year in photography at a close - Devils Tower, WY

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started in January and I've had a blast this year. I've been to so many new places and I've experienced more than I had imagined when I picked up my first DSLR back then.
Over Christmas I took my camera out to Devils Tower in Wyoming. My parents live near there and I was able to see it at sunset with a small bit of snow fall.

I know I'm still learning and there are plenty of imperfections but I hope you enjoy this. It holds a special place in my heart since the first movie I ever saw in a theater was Close Encounters of the Third Kind - years later my family moved nearby.

p451864018-4.jpg

I like this. Nice clean lines - it almost looks like it has been painted. To me, there seems to be a slight blue cast to the last, which works but if it were me I would have made it slightly warmed to fit the red in the sky.

Something else I really like about the photo is your watermark. Its really refreshing to see photos where watermark is not obtrusive to the photo itself.

The colours are beautiful.

I agree with the comments on the colors, the colors are gorgeous and beautiful sky!

Last edited:
To purple for my taste. Most the colors look surreal and un-natural.

Particularly the snow.

I would love to visit this place sometime, great picture.

To purple for my taste. Most the colors look surreal and un-natural.

Particularly the snow.

thanks, the more I look at it I feel the same. The non Hdr version is much warmer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Great Job in my opinion. A photo like this could be used like a painting or post cards it is so nice.

Did you get anything from the less iconic locations in the state?

I think the colors are right, when you shoot that late, especially in winter, if you look at the horizon line opposite the sunset you will see deep shades of Purple to Pink which influence the scene. Before sunset, there is a warm hue but just at/ past sunset it becomes a much cooler hue which I think you captured

Nice job

Most reactions

Back