Firstshots

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures after getting my first camera the Fujifilm Finepix S9100 and visiting my grandmas. I didn't edit these pics so if you feel the need then do what you do.

1)
DSCF0037.jpg

2)
DSCF0069.jpg

3)
DSCF0061.jpg

4)
DSCF0058-1.jpg

5)
DSCF0050.jpg

6)
DSCF0046.jpg

7)
DSCF0020.jpg

I like #2 and #5 :)

I really like #'s 1, 2, and 4. Number 2 most of all, though I think if you worked on the lighting for #4, so you could see more of the detail in the "vine," it would be significantly better than any of them.

Well, I certainly do feel "the need" to edit each and every one of these, but this is so because I find I NEVER get the result I want SOOC (straight out of camera), least of all with the Powershot (compact camera - might be compared to the Finepix), unless I tell it to underexpose each photo by at least 1 stop.

So if these were mine, I'd definitely put them all through Photoshop first.

The close-ups are nice, and choice of DOF in Photo 2 is interesting, though I am not too fond of the out-of-focus first plant on the right. And for the droplets on that soft leaf ... I think I would have taken away the blade of grass before I'd have taken the photo.

Those compact camera, able as they may be in most situations, just don't "do" bland, overcast skies well enough...

if those are your first shots getting into photography i would say you are off to a good start!

I find all of your photos interesting. You have a good eye.
the sky is blown out in 3 of them, and all of them need the contrast to be bumped up too. I'm not sure how to correct the skies with a non SLR (someone else may), but you can certainly help the contrast and brightness a lot with any photo processing program.

Thanks for all you input!! Like i said these a just first shots so i know a lot of stuff could be better but in the future I can look back at these pictures and laugh. I know I could change a picture to look crazy but i rather find those crazy pics and take them with knowing of all the settings that need to be done on the camera. I first started taking pictures with a tiny Kodak EasyShare C315 5.0 mega pixel
000_1286.jpg
and i was taking the right pic but it just didn't capture it good enough so now I got My FinePix s9100 and i want to learn how to work the camera properly so I don't have to change anything on the computer. :wink:

Most reactions

Back