Fish from land series

Einstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some fish shots from the rocky coastline of Bermuda. Loving my new polorized filter!

1. Parrot Fish
5023929630_511f99290e_z.jpg

2.Gar Fish
5023879290_cf49b1aedd_z.jpg

3. Feeding Frenzy
I have never seen anything like this. This school of fish made up of all different species came down the coast line going from reef to reef feeding on all the fish.... they came hit this reef and were out of sight in a couple minutes!
5023259597_144eaf6376_z.jpg

4. Gar Fishes
5023890460_37fff4fbbe_z.jpg

5. Rock Fish (aka Black Grouper) I thought this was a parrot fish at first but after zooming in i realized it was a massive grouper! I havent ever seen them in this close to shore or shallow before.
5023891828_7b7ff79f20_z.jpg

thanks eric!

i am thinking of blowing these up for a series on my wall. funnily enough i find the subject far more interesting than my girlfriend! take photo 1 for example, she cant really see the shape of the fish.... i think its perfectly clear but i know what these fish look like. what do you think, is it clearly a turqoise fish swimming on its side or is it unclear what it is?

Great idea... I have done a bit of this with trout in the Western U.S. (Aren't polarizers the greatest?) Gar are such strange looking fish!

Thanks firegirl. Gar are strange, especially watching them eat since there mouth is above their 'bill' it looks like their eating with their forehead! I would like to see some of your trout shots if you feel like posting them

Youre right..you did a great job with glare..but a blown up series on the wall...hmmm..

Mark

mark, i see your point... if i were to blow them up it would probly just be the first two, after that its just repetitive w the same colors etc

Most reactions

Back