Fish, octopus & nudis

alcina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kjaphotos.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was able to zip out for a single dive at a favourite spot in Exmouth Gulf yesterday and it didn't disappoint. There were so many cool creatures out and about it was hard to pick any favourites and I spent a lot of time just watching the action instead of shooting!

1)
Stars & Stripes Puffer
IMG_5405.jpg

2)
Moridilla brockii nudibrach head shot
IMG_5373.jpg

3)
A juvenile barramundi cod peeking out of the staghorn coral
IMG_5415.jpg

4)
The whole little guy twisting back on himself
IMG_5418.jpg

5)
Gymnodoris rubropapulosa nudibranch
IMG_5399.jpg

6)
Another Moridilla brockii coming over the top
IMG_5449.jpg

7)
Eye & siphon of a good sized octopus
IMG_5459.jpg

8)
His sucker feet holding him upside down under the ledge
IMG_5457.jpg

8)
Threadfin pearl perch
IMG_5439.jpg

10)
Rabbitfish giving me a smile
IMG_5431.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes

Very impressive and colorfull.

I feel the crops are a little tight on almost all of them. i would prefer to see the whole fish, maybe some of its surroundings!

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, All, for the great response! Glad you're enjoying them :)

I feel the crops are a little tight on almost all of them. i would prefer to see the whole fish, maybe some of its surroundings!
Do'U - thanks for the input. These photos were what I felt like shooting yesterday. Wider photos like you are talking about aren't what I was using the 100mm for yesterday, tight and sometimes a little more abstract are some of the benefits of using the 100mm macro underwater. I'll do wider shots with more full fish and more habitat another day (and recently posted some other threads here, Florida wide angle here, others if you click my user name and "find other posts" ) so you'll have to keep an out for a future post! ;)

Jaw-dropping images. :hail:

Most reactions

Back